Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
OzziesDad

Bauer is bringing back the Synergy.

3 minutes ago, Westside said:

Tried adding one to my cart and there’s no price 

I'm guessing it's not for sale quite yet. It definitely wasn't on the website earlier this week.

I remember when they put that 4500 helmet branded as a Cooper on their website a year or 2 ago, it was a few weeks before you could actually buy it. 

“Built with updated materials for improved feel & performance but holds true to the iconic look with the most iconic patterns that Synergy was known for.”

Translation, Because if we actually used any of the original materials or build process we’d get exposed that a lot of the current sticks are subpar compared to the original synergy.

• Like 3

What are the chances that this comes out with a throwback price as well?

Given what the stick market looks like right now an original synergy at the original $140ish price point would be damn tempting. 

1 hour ago, Beerleaguebumhockey said:

if its updated is it really a synergy?

Rebadged bauer stick with similar kick point probably. But, they have it with a PM9 blade if there's anyone into a 3/8" curve.

19 hours ago, caveman27 said:

Rebadged bauer stick with similar kick point probably. But, they have it with a PM9 blade if there's anyone into a 3/8" curve.

Love the Modano. I have it on an HTX that I hope never breaks.

I wish they would reintroduce the bumpy texture and clear coat finish. I would get a 100 Modano then.

22 hours ago, Griff said:

What are the chances that this comes out with a throwback price as well?

Given what the stick market looks like right now an original synergy at the original $140ish price point would be damn tempting. 

It would be interesting to see what that price would be with inflation.

Synergy was 460g. It was beyond great in its day, but that’s not a competitive stick on today’s market. You have been able to get a stick around that weight and $150 for the last few years anyway.

Edit: According to this inflation calculator, $150 in 2000 is roughly $255 in 2022.

Edited by flip12
Inflation
  • Like 1

The blade paint isn’t quite the same. It’s clear there’s no texture on the shaft either. Bauer’s sloppy flex numbers look out of place on such an iconic and pristine design, as do the blade pattern IDs. It’s not really a Synergy, I know, but this is just a bastardization of such a great stick. It tarnishes the Synergy legacy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, flip12 said:

Synergy was 460g. It was beyond great in its day, but that’s not a competitive stick on today’s market. You have been able to get a stick around that weight and $150 for the last few years anyway.

Says 425g.

As long as this isn't just a repainted stick that's already in the range.

Wish this was available in Canada...would buy 1 PM9 and 1 P91A for the nostalgia and "new" technology in them no matter what the "perceived tech" is currently...props to Bauer for bringing back an excellent memory! 

6 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Says 425g.

As long as this isn't just a repainted stick that's already in the range.

Why would anyone think it's not. They almost say as much.

"Built with updated materials for improved feel & performance but holds true to the iconic look with the most iconic patterns that Synergy was known for. The Synergy is back"

But hey, it's true to the look and they have some iconic patterns.

• Like 1

This is like when a few years ago CCM sold a handful of lower tier sticks with Jofa branding pasted on for a $50 up charge. 

Has anyone figured out yet what the base stick is that they slapped new graphics on?

The description doesn’t even say where the kickpoint is. There’s more info listed about what the stick looks like than how it plays. 

The graphics look incredible to see for sale again, but I don't even know that I'm tempted. It's purely a money grab for Bauer to get rid of whatever unwanted or extra sticks they have in a certain specification. And let's face it, despite the fact that I grew up using the Modano pattern, hardly anyone is using its PM9 version or the P91A now. 

Edited by Scotty

I have a quick cursory look on Bauer’s site and the materials don’t seem to correlate to any current offering (15K shaft, 3k blade)

what if someone brought back those graphics for the SCF’s though 🥵🥵🥵

4 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I have a quick cursory look on Bauer’s site and the materials don’t seem to correlate to any current offering (15K shaft, 3k blade)

They can't; the Easton brand isn't in the marketing/supplier pool.

Any word on what the grip finish is? It looks to be matte, which is huge turnoff for me personally.

Unless they completely crapped the bed on this stick, a yellow grip version would be an automatic buy.

I ordered a couple and tracking says they will arrive on Thursday. I can post some side by side comparisons to an OG synbomb if there is interest. Confirmation email says it is a grip so we’ll see. Kind of weird to have a silver grip version haha. Like others have said, I’m assuming it is some low end model they wrapped to get rid of but either way it will be a good addition to the collection! 

Also, great to see modsquad is still alive and well! I used to be a daily reader like 15+ years ago haha. Back in the ol easton christmas toy drive days. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, JunkyardAthletic said:

They can't; the Easton brand isn't in the marketing/supplier pool.

Don’t let facts ruin my fantasy 🤣🤣

put Bauer on tgat stick instead of Easton and roll it out 🤤🤤🤤

On 6/13/2022 at 1:50 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

They don't mention kickpoint, so difficult to guess what it is, but my money is on a 3S with a modified blade construction.