Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
OzziesDad

Bauer is bringing back the Synergy.

My friend's sticks arrived.  Two RH 91A's in 77 flex.  He was told they're the old Synergy but with a mid-kick.  Flex feels high-mid, not low.  Based on where the blade meets the shaft he's guessing it's a Bauer mold, not Easton.  He's guessing a prior Supreme like 2S Pro.  Grip shaft with sandpaper blade. 

If it's worth anything the sticker on the blade says:
Easton Synergy Grip Stk-SR-77(60")

• Like 1

Honestly, pretty legit graphics! I am impressed. Only complaint is I wish they had done the paint the whole way down to the blade like the OG version, but I’ll take it. Hopefully we get a si-core next! 

https://imgur.com/a/3n5gQKQ

edit: let me know if the link doesn’t work. I am a noob at image links haha. 

Edited by altox012
  • Like 3

Shot one yesterday, felt a lot like my 2s pro. Kinda undecided if I should get one, recently made the move to toe curves and I'm finally used to it, don't really want to go back lol

• Like 1

That's pretty weak, if true. I have a Nexus Team stick that I used a couple times and it's been sitting unused for months because I hate it. Puck feel, in particular, is really mediocre.

The Bauer Synergy has a 15k shaft and a 3k blade.  Can't find an existing Bauer model that has that combination, but a mashup of the Nexus Team shaft and Vapor Team blade would give you that construction.  Also fits the price point, so I'm guessing that's what it is, (or something similar).

• Like 1

Just sharing what I know, nothing more nothing less.

Bauer is already out of these. They'll be printing money with each re-release now, if they weren't sure before.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, CaptainCharisma said:

Now if only they could bring back the Mako II skates :60_sweat:

Agreed!  I’m in need of finally replacing my Mako 2s…but don’t know what to get.  

10 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Heard this past weekend that Bauer won't be paying the $150k to put Easton back in the show, however, they may do something else with it...

Sell it?

17 hours ago, flip12 said:

Sell it?

Rebrand low level sticks at let the best innovative Easton tech die off so Bauer can keep pushing the same basic skates for a decade and keep making them exponentially stiffer? 

• Like 1

Why do they need to spend a separate 150K to use the Easton brand? Since it’s part of their umbrella isn’t it no different than using “Vapor” or “Supreme”.

Apologies for the naïveté on the contract law but it doesn’t make sense to me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cavs019 said:

Why do they need to spend a separate 150K to use the Easton brand? Since it’s part of their umbrella isn’t it no different than using “Vapor” or “Supreme”.

Pretty sure it is just name brand advertising requirements by the NHL. CCM had to pay for both Reebok and CCM even though they were the same company.

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

It sounds like you pay per category per brand/logo. This specific scenario played out just after Bauer bought Easton: https://uni-watch.com/2016/11/01/corporate-theater-unfolds-on-nhl-gear/

To me it makes sense. Easton is a bundled entity that has a corporate life of its own. Even if it’s all but dead at present, it could be sold at some point. Advertising it on the biggest stage in the industry would increase its value prior to sale. The NHL doesn’t have a buy-one-get-one-free offer on the value generated by that exposure.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 10:05 AM, Cavs019 said:

Because Easton, despite being owned by Bauer, is a different brand, thus, $150k USD per brand, per category.

• Like 2