Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Team sticks

I've been using the FT3 Team stick and see no reason to spend more on a stick.  Performance, balance and durability have all been excellent.  Got it on sale for <$100 CAD.

• Like 1

I find the Warrior Pro Teams fit in between the 2nd and 3rd price points. So for example, a DX Pro Team can be viewed as beefed up DX Pro or an up-speced DX3.

Edited by nutters

Do you mean the retail Team sticks that are like the 3rd or 4th model down, or the prostock Team sticks that are sold to juniors level teams, like CCM Jetspeed Team sticks that are rebranded ribcores/triggers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, start_today said:

Do you mean the retail Team sticks that are like the 3rd or 4th model down, or the prostock Team sticks that are sold to juniors level teams, like CCM Jetspeed Team sticks that are rebranded ribcores/triggers. 

I didn’t even think about this. I’m interested in pro stock team sticks. I’m not sure what other brands call them but the Bauer “league” or “team” sticks without a warranty 

I think I can give a decent comparison for CCM at least....I own the 2017/2108 CCM LK Team Stick (dressed as a Super Tacks 2.0) as well as the two top-of-the-line 2017 Ribcore Trigger 2 and 2017 Super Tacks 2.0

Performance wise I find the Team Stick pretty much on par with the other two models. It does everything well. Durability wise it's not using Sigmatex nor is it reinforced in the toe, so I'm getting that chipping away in the toe same as what killed my beloved Ultra Tacks. 

It is the heaviest of the 3 and for slappers I actually like it better due to the extra weight (roughly 30 grams heavier than the Trigger or ST 2.0) But in my leagues slappers are banned so this only really helps in warm-up. I also find sometimes late in games where fatigue is a bigger factor the extra weight provides more feedback and thus a bit more consistency. 

13 hours ago, start_today said:

I hate that CCM started their retail "team" stick, really confused me for a while lol  As for the pro stick Team sticks, I've had good experiences with CCM FT3 Team sticks.  I got a few for just under $100/ea on SLS a few months back to try a new curve, all were the LK flex which is a pro/team option only, all performed well and were just a little heavier than the actual FT3 Pro I had (also seemed to be more durable towards the bottom of the shaft, didn't chip as much as the pro model).

4 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I hate that CCM started their retail "team" stick, really confused me for a while lol  As for the pro stick Team sticks, I've had good experiences with CCM FT3 Team sticks.  I got a few for just under $100/ea on SLS a few months back to try a new curve, all were the LK flex which is a pro/team option only, all performed well and were just a little heavier than the actual FT3 Pro I had (also seemed to be more durable towards the bottom of the shaft, didn't chip as much as the pro model).

How does the retail version compare to the pro ones?

4 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

How does the retail version compare to the pro ones?

From what I recall (I'm no expert so this may only be partially correct) the retail line has a "Team" level which is like mid tier, a few levels down from the top and available in all the usual curves/flexes where as the pro "team" line is made for college teams/junior teams to provide a more budget friendly option just a step or so down from the top of the line that is made to last a bit longer since they're made to be more durable.  The pro team ones come in various corves and flexes but many come in a LK/low kick version so a Jetspeed might shoot more like a ribcor.  I was on SLS before and there are a lot of the FT3 Team sticks under $100 still, honesty for the price they're a great stick.

I tried my buddy's Bauer nexus league team stick, felt good.  For the 159 cdn price point I would definitely get it. The league version is only available at some places though not all.