Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Buzz_LightBeer

2022-2023 Gear Sightings

1 hour ago, nutters said:

Well the FT6 Pro isn't as ugly as the 5.

But c'mon

Yup......its a mild improvement for both the FT6 Pro and FT6, but that big red ribbon has got to go.  

Edited by noupf

Huh. So the XS holder is getting a new release knob thing? If it’s bigger does that mean there’s a slightly tweaked holder to accommodate it? 

On 10/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, VegasHockey said:

It's complicated.

Some of the Ribcor features have been merged into the new Jetspeed line of skates thus eliminating the need to have a third line of skates. 

What features?

19 hours ago, Westside said:

Huh. So the XS holder is getting a new release knob thing? If it’s bigger does that mean there’s a slightly tweaked holder to accommodate it? 

The pro stock and custom skates ordered always came with the larger dial, so they are now making it available across all models. Its forwards/backwards compatible with all XS holders. 

20 hours ago, noupf said:

Yup......its a mild improvement for both the FT6 Pro and FT6, but that big red ribbon has got to go.  

The darker base is a good start. I would not have added bronze/copper though to the skate colorway. Thats why I think the FT6 looks better than the FT6 Pro.

Regardless, the FT6 series are all better looking than the current generation. FT2 is still the best looking Jetspeed IMO. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, VegasHockey said:

The darker base is a good start. I would not have added bronze/copper though to the skate colorway. Thats why I think the FT6 looks better than the FT6 Pro.

Regardless, the FT6 series are all better looking than the current generation. FT2 is still the best looking Jetspeed IMO. 

When do the new Jetspeed skates hit retailers?

Edited by noupf

37 minutes ago, Larry54 said:

Just noticed tonight, Matthews' skates dressed to look like vintage Modano style 652 Tacks. 🤔

https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-ppg-opens-scoring/t-335699702/c-14175598

CCM has been posting photos/stories about these skates for the last day or so. I dig em!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl_Xvi3OFUv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 1

2 hours ago, decoy said:

Cale Makar Mach's with injected facing.

nashville-predators-v-colorado-avalanchenashville-predators-v-colorado-avalanche

new-york-rangers-v-colorado-avalanche.jp

Is funny bc with all the mods he's done to that skate the only thing mach about it is the color scheme and the logo. I wonder if it's even mach boot, but then again Bauer's boots have essentially been the same for the last 10+ years. 

36 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Is funny bc with all the mods he's done to that skate the only thing mach about it is the color scheme and the logo. I wonder if it's even mach boot, but then again Bauer's boots have essentially been the same for the last 10+ years. 

Looks like it's 12K carbon Curv composite Mach boot with curved outsole. Toe cap is from 2S pro and the tendon guard is traditional one that he's had before. And Supreme white felt tongues.

1 hour ago, decoy said:

Looks like it's 12K carbon Curv composite Mach boot with curved outsole. Toe cap is from 2S pro and the tendon guard is traditional one that he's had before. And Supreme white felt tongues.

Machenstein

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 8:23 AM, decoy said:

It's pretty much a 2S Pro skate (with a standard tendon) built with 12K Carbon Curv. They wanted their poster boy to help push the sales of the Mach. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

It's pretty much a 2S Pro skate (with a standard tendon) built with 12K Carbon Curv. They wanted their poster boy to help push the sales of the Mach. 

AND NO CARBON LITE RUNNER?  I thought the carbon lite runners were supposed to be the bee knees ???  ( i kid, I kid )

1 hour ago, noupf said:

AND NO CARBON LITE RUNNER?  I thought the carbon lite runners were supposed to be the bee knees ???  ( i kid, I kid )

At least they reduced the price on those lol. I guess they realize no one's gonna pay 300 for steel

On 12/18/2022 at 8:31 AM, Sniper9 said:

Looks like he has the unibody powerwrap outsole instead of the old regular composite outsole in the 2S Pro.  In my opinion it's a big difference.  That unibody power wrap outsole is way stiffer. 

On 12/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, skates73 said:

Looks like he has the unibody powerwrap outsole instead of the old regular composite outsole in the 2S Pro.  In my opinion it's a big difference.  That unibody power wrap outsole is way stiffer. 

The Unibody outsole is stiffer than previous generation carbon composite outsoles from the Ultrasonic/2S/1S but I don't think it's extremely significant.

Admittedly I don’t stare at NHL players ankles much (I’m a butt man), but pretty surprised that he tapes his ankles. Or that anyone in the NHL tapes their ankles. 

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Admittedly I don’t stare at NHL players ankles much (I’m a butt man), but pretty surprised that he tapes his ankles. Or that anyone in the NHL tapes their ankles. 

More than you think do. And there are also players that wrap the laces around their ankles.