Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cavs019

Blacking out/removing red FT4 skate side graphics

Has anyone had success doing this similar to some of the older CCM models? I have an opportunity to upgrade from my FT490s to non-pro FT4s at a decent price.

Generally I don’t care that much about graphics but these are easily the ugliest skate I’ve ever seen (and none of the teams I play on have red in the color scheme). That said, I love the fit and feel of the Jetspeed line so worst case I’ll just swallow my pride and wear clown skates. 

Edited by Cavs019

I have the same skates, and while they don't look the best, at least you don't have to see them when you're playing. But on a positive note, everyone notices your new skates😊

On 6/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, VegasHockey said:

I removed the graphic and t turned out nicely on the FT4. I will see if I can find pics. 

Did you ever dig up pics? I finally picked up a pair of FT4 Pros. Love the skates and step black - still not feeling the nascar graphics.

Personally id just wrap it in vinyl. Removable and easy to put on. U can even just cover the red only with strips. I'd also contact flooded customs on ig. But really to just black out the red with carbon fiber vinyl or even a color of your choice would be the route I'd take. 

I put CF vinyl on my FT4 Pros after seeing someone post on here with pics of theirs (vinyl was automotive vinyl off Amazon).  I was going to just do the red strips first but after realizing how much of an absolute PITA it would be to get the lines to match with all the slight curves on the boot I just covered the whole bottom area (which was still a pain).  Honestly it looked good but after a few games got some nicks and scratches and looked worse than the Nascar graphics so I pulled them off.  

Here's a pic I cropped down since you can kind of see where they chipped off on the inside and you can also see how I didn't get a perfect cover of the grey/silver near the heel.  Also I felt the outside of the skate was too plain now, needs a CM logo at least lol.

52776554762_60681d8289_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I put CF vinyl on my FT4 Pros after seeing someone post on here with pics of theirs (vinyl was automotive vinyl off Amazon).  I was going to just do the red strips first but after realizing how much of an absolute PITA it would be to get the lines to match with all the slight curves on the boot I just covered the whole bottom area (which was still a pain).  Honestly it looked good but after a few games got some nicks and scratches and looked worse than the Nascar graphics so I pulled them off.  

Here's a pic I cropped down since you can kind of see where they chipped off on the inside and you can also see how I didn't get a perfect cover of the grey/silver near the heel.  Also I felt the outside of the skate was too plain now, needs a CM logo at least lol.

52776554762_60681d8289_c.jpgUntitled by Jon Schusteritsch, on Flickr

Maybe get flooded customs  to design something for you. Apparently the wraps he has are pretty thick. Alternatively you can also cover the vinyl with helicopter tape to protect the vinyl.  Personally, with skates these days which are all painted with graphics, I would at minimum put helicopter tape on it to protect the boot and exposed carbon. That or get stick on shot blockers lol

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Maybe get flooded customs  to design something for you. Apparently the wraps he has are pretty thick. Alternatively you can also cover the vinyl with helicopter tape to protect the vinyl.  Personally, with skates these days which are all painted with graphics, I would at minimum put helicopter tape on it to protect the boot and exposed carbon. That or get stick on shot blockers lol

If it's more than $20 I'm not interested 😂 I got the sheet of vinyl off Amazon for about $15 to play with, to me it's a low level concern so I'd rather spend my money on other gear.

• Like 1