Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
OldCY

Are gloves generally getting bigger?

Recently purchased True XC9 gloves online in a 14 only to find them to be longer than all my other 14s in various brands.  Warrior I am a 13 in. Is this a “thing” now? Or just a variance per manufacturer?  

different models of the same brands have different fit profiles.  Some are cut bigger, some are cut tighter and closer to the shape of a hand.  In general, i think gloves are smaller today than 15-20 years ago, even on the models that are cut larger.

I'd say less consistency between brands and even between models in the same brand are to blame.  Different models have different "fit profiles" but, on the whole, I blame it on overall Quality Control just going downhill like most things now a days (insert old man Simpson yelling at cloud image here).  Manufacturers just don't care about quality like they used to in so many industries, including hockey gear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I'd say less consistency between brands and even between models in the same brand are to blame.  Different models have different "fit profiles" but, on the whole, I blame it on overall Quality Control just going downhill like most things now a days (insert old man Simpson yelling at cloud image here).  Manufacturers just don't care about quality like they used to in so many industries, including hockey gear.

I agree. No one cares. Should get you an application to where I work.  But regarding these gloves I think I’m going to have to return. I’m weary of buying a 13 because they might be too small. And for SLS, I don’t think a return policy exists.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OldCY said:

And for SLS, I don’t think a return policy exists.

Not entirely true.  You can reject an item and send it back, but hopefully that is used for instances where something was clearly misrepresented, as opposed to something not fitting exactly the way you had hoped. 

As someone who has really small hands, I've found it's becoming trickier and trickier to find gloves that fit. It always feels like there's a push pull going on, and it's about finding a best compromise instead of a perfect fit. Also, to me, it seems like the leather stretches out more and more quickly and after six months, the fit seems to get even worse. With my current gloves, I've gone to only using two fingers in the glove, sticking two fingers into each pocket just to stop the gloves from slipping.

It is why I have attempted to do the 3D hand fit for any gloves I can get my hand on, so the length comparison can be replicated and anyone can print the 3D hand...

I used to wear 14 across the board for retails. Now I fit 13" for all brands except ccm I'm still a 14 as they have still maintained some consistency. Realistically I was more of a 13.5" so any deviation smaller or bigger I really noticed. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

I’m a 15” length, 13” volume so I wear 14” because they’re easy to find and a decent X-Y compromise for me.