Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

W02...Who's got 'em?

I was using the available curves and not loving any of them. Like the 29/92 for general purposes...like the 28 for snappers and clearing my zone...88 does nothing for my style.  Then I came across a used LX Pro W02...it's like coming home! I used to use a Lidstrom/ Leetch and I amazed at how much better I am able to do just about everything. 

So...I do really dig the LX Pro (it's replaced the AS4 Pro as my favorite), but...

A) Hockey Monkey is the only place I can find it in a W02.  How long will they have them...who knows? I bought two...so far.

B) Can't find any other twig with this pattern.. even the ones that list them as being made (True HC5 for example).

So...anybody know where the secret stash is?  I can always go Prostocksticks.com I suppose.  But...I like options and I ain't got many 🤬🤣

Edited by Jbear

True calls it HCS (heel curve, square toe). A quick search showed IceWarehouse has Catalyst 9x and 7x and even Catalyst standard blades if you’ve got some old shafts lying around.

Yeah...nope...no shafts.  Guess short of a change in the market philosophy...I'm sticking with the LX Pro...which fortunately...I LOVE!

@Jbear, I thought you said you like options. Loving an endangered curve puts you at the mercy of who continues to produce it multiplied by who continues to stock it. It’s a matter of what you want to prioritise.

Options with regard to kp, balance, shaft shape, blade behavior...that sorta stuff.  Don't get me wrong...it's a first world problem for sure.  As a D-man...being able to jam that square toe against the boards...noice👍🏒🥅🇨🇦😎And for whatever reason...my shots are more accurate and I can sauce for days with this pattern. I can certainly do what I do with something else...hell...I often do, but I just do everything more naturally with the Lids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

Options with regard to kp, balance, shaft shape, blade behavior...that sorta stuff.  Don't get me wrong...it's a first world problem for sure.  As a D-man...being able to jam that square toe against the boards...noice👍🏒🥅🇨🇦😎And for whatever reason...my shots are more accurate and I can sauce for days with this pattern. I can certainly do what I do with something else...hell...I often do, but I just do everything more naturally with the Lids.

I feel ya. When it clicks for you, it's hard to make the little adjustments all the time that you can but don't want to have to with another pattern. It really shaves time off of execution, which isn't going to affect our paychecks, but will have an impact on our enjoyment, which is why we still play. You know what you like. I can support that.

• Like 1