Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
psulion22

SSM "natural" and Elite SCS profiles

I'm looking for feedback on SSM Natural and Elite SCS profiles.  I know they're similar to a CAG in that they are trying to put a longer radius in the middle of the blade for glide, speed, and stability.  But they're using a different approach by altering the radius instead of adding a flat spot (though I suppose the flat spot is still just a really, really long radius).  Has anyone skated on these "center glide" profiles?  Are they just fancy CAGs, with the same effect?  How do they feel and compare to the quads and ellipses, or even the Zuperior, that get progressively longer from toe to heel?  There's a lot of info, feedback, and reviews on Quads, but very little on these center glide profiles.  Thanks

46 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

I'm looking for feedback on SSM Natural and Elite SCS profiles.  I know they're similar to a CAG in that they are trying to put a longer radius in the middle of the blade for glide, speed, and stability.  But they're using a different approach by altering the radius instead of adding a flat spot (though I suppose the flat spot is still just a really, really long radius).  Has anyone skated on these "center glide" profiles?  Are they just fancy CAGs, with the same effect?  How do they feel and compare to the quads and ellipses, or even the Zuperior, that get progressively longer from toe to heel?  There's a lot of info, feedback, and reviews on Quads, but very little on these center glide profiles.  Thanks

They feel like Quad profiles but without altered pivot points or pitch. 

38 minutes ago, PBH said:

They feel like Quad profiles but without altered pivot points or pitch. 

So like a quad if I took out the included pitch?

Are there any advantages or differences to going with a SSM/Elite profile vs a quad in terms of how the profiles perform?  More speed/slide in relation to agility on a certain profile?

I just stumbled on this thread… those Center glide profiles are really fast. But the Quads skate better IMO. More agile.   

I actually morphed a Quad 1 and a maximum edge 981 Center glide profile together and came up with a killer hybrid profile. Fast and agile.

I Just cut a profile bar on a CNC and profiled a bunch of players skates in my area. They all tried it and love it. 👍👍👍