Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Adidas leaving nhl 23/24 season

Adidas leaving nhl 23/24 season   Who do you think will replace them?  Who actually makes the under armour jerseys or does under armour make them?

With Warrior (New Balance) trying to break into the skate game, maybe they make a run at jerseys too 🤷🏽‍♂️

How was the fanatics/adidas partnership structured? Could fanatic’s do them on their own?

maybe CCM? Nike? Bauer?

3 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

Adidas leaving nhl 23/24 season   Who do you think will replace them?  Who actually makes the under armour jerseys or does under armour make them?

It's AFTER the 23-24 season.

Won't be UA.  They're in bad enough shape having been at $27.28/share a year ago, now at $8.98.

The math doesn't add up to do a deal, even at the "rumored" adidas number of $70m/season.

1 hour ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

With Warrior (New Balance) trying to break into the skate game, maybe they make a run at jerseys too 🤷🏽‍♂️

How was the fanatics/adidas partnership structured? Could fanatic’s do them on their own?

maybe CCM? Nike? Bauer?

Is NB dumb enough to do it?

Fanatics was to make the "replica" jerseys and adidas the "authentic".

Don't think CCM has the minimum $70m/season for the deal; same with Bauer.  

Nike has someone to make the jerseys, but, do they have the balls/ego to do it?

If the deal were worth it on all levels, not just on a monetary/revenue level, for adidas, would they still walk?

Edited by JunkyardAthletic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, caveman27 said:

Maybe Warrior or TRUE Sports. $70 million/season seems to be so high that a manufacturer won't break even in profit on jerseys, replicas and team apparel.

Doubt that NB/Warrior will go down that road.

False doesn't have the money.

• Like 1

When Adidas took over from Reebok weren't they essentially the same company/different branches and wanted Adidas to be the apparel branch?  Also weren't they both connected to CCM under the same parent company?  CCM/Reebok merged back to just CCM for gear and Reebok changed to Adidas to apparel, or something like that? But all along basically the same corporation? 

Ok just checked, Adidas sold CCM in 2017 and actually just sold Reebok last year, so I guess Adidas making the uniforms was their last connection to NHL and the contract has run its course so they're out.  CCM did it for the longest out of the modern brands from what I can remember (I can still picture my authentic Messier jersey from the early 90's with the embroidered CCM logo with NHL crest, that was a thing of beauty) so they'd be my guess as front runner, but who knows if they'd even want to do that again.

2 hours ago, Left Wing King said:

Why don't teams go independent? Why do all the jerseys need to be made by the same company? 

League deal.  

28 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

When Adidas took over from Reebok weren't they essentially the same company/different branches and wanted Adidas to be the apparel branch?  Also weren't they both connected to CCM under the same parent company?  CCM/Reebok merged back to just CCM for gear and Reebok changed to Adidas to apparel, or something like that? But all along basically the same corporation? 

Ok just checked, Adidas sold CCM in 2017 and actually just sold Reebok last year, so I guess Adidas making the uniforms was their last connection to NHL and the contract has run its course so they're out.  CCM did it for the longest out of the modern brands from what I can remember (I can still picture my authentic Messier jersey from the early 90's with the embroidered CCM logo with NHL crest, that was a thing of beauty) so they'd be my guess as front runner, but who knows if they'd even want to do that again.

It's all about money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

They'll be going Canadian.....Lululemon.  Picturing Brent Burns modeling the off-ice team issue yoga tights.

You read about the Brent Burns trade to the Carolina Hurricanes?

1 hour ago, clarkiestooth said:

I'm confused.  What's your point?

No point in relation to the thread topic. Just asking if you heard about the Burns' San Jose to Carolina trade.

Good riddance, I say. More specifically, to the aesthetically-limiting collars, weird-ass shoulder dimples, and their tawdry, overpriced Indo-authentics.

Thanks for coming to the party, Adidas. Leave the wine bottle you brought and piss off.

• Like 3