Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
skates73

Bauer vs CCM vs True Custom skates

Is it true that if you were to go get custom skates that the only real or "true" custom fitting skate would be through True?

I've heard Bauer custom skates are not truly custom and more of just a general tweak to improve fit and to might as well just get their stock Fit 1, 2, or 3 skates instead if you want Bauer.

Not sure about CCM.    

My Bauer customs I got to go custom width on the boot, custom stretch on the toecap, and a couple other small tweaks.  I could have done different stiffness, etc.  But this was also maybe 10 years ago at this point.

3 hours ago, skates73 said:

Is it true that if you were to go get custom skates that the only real or "true" custom fitting skate would be through True?

I've heard Bauer custom skates are not truly custom and more of just a general tweak to improve fit and to might as well just get their stock Fit 1, 2, or 3 skates instead if you want Bauer.

Not sure about CCM.    

Pretty sure both Bauer and CCM still do full customs. Whether or not that's available to the general public is another thing. 

On 7/30/2022 at 5:25 PM, skates73 said:

Not sure about CCM.    

I absolutely love my recent pair of total custom jetspeed skates. They are truly built around the shape of your feet. I could have went for a total custom plus but it wasn’t necessary for me. Best skates I’ve ever had. You can’t go wrong with ccm.