Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Used True Cat Pro...sizing?

First...True...if you're listening...you'd sell a ton more skates if sizing wasn't such a mystery! 

Ok...I'm thinking about used Cat Pros...7.5D/reg AS3 Pro and 2xPro...what size?

I'll be taking a chance but...I'm trying to be smart about it. 

31 minutes ago, chikinpotpie said:

Best bet would be to use the size of the steel for reference. Compare it to what you are currently wearing. 

Doesn’t that only work if the steel and holder are “traditional” size? If someone changed to an oversized holder, you end up in the wrong place. Or, someone mentioned that correct sizing on the TF series moved them down a steel size. 

And, even then, it at best gets you into a situation something like “I use 272 size steel so im buying either 8.0 or 8.5,” so theres still a 50% chance you’re wrong. 

True...no pun intended.   This brand frustrates me no end...nowhere for me to try them or get fitted. I have to do it all online.  TF9 is so cheap used it's low risk.  The Cat Pro is a bigger investment. 

So here's my 2 cents.... I fit pretty well in a 7.5D Tacks (9090 and AS3).  I'm so close to the cap in those skates, that if my toenails get too long they will touch the cap while I'm skating.  I tried on an unbaked TF7 in 7R a few days ago and my toes were smashed into the cap.  Unless a bake would move my foot back 6-7mm, that skate is too small for me.

@PBHis pretty knowledgeable and is well versed in True's skate lines.  He says go up a size from the TF line and I believe @Hills also had this initial impression (Matt can correct me if I'm wrong).

Taking what those two members have said into account, I think your best bet as a starting point would be a 7.5R in the Catalyst line.

Pre-bake, I thought to myself, ‘there’s no way these things are going to fit’ when I got my TF9s. Like you said, toes were smashed hard into the cap. Once baked, they open up and fit perfectly length-wise. I went from 8.5D in Bauer to 8R in True.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, boo10 said:

So here's my 2 cents.... I fit pretty well in a 7.5D Tacks (9090 and AS3).  I'm so close to the cap in those skates, that if my toenails get too long they will touch the cap while I'm skating.  I tried on an unbaked TF7 in 7R a few days ago and my toes were smashed into the cap.  Unless a bake would move my foot back 6-7mm, that skate is too small for me.

@PBHis pretty knowledgeable and is well versed in True's skate lines.  He says go up a size from the TF line and I believe @Hills also had this initial impression (Matt can correct me if I'm wrong).

Taking what those two members have said into account, I think your best bet as a starting point would be a 7.5R in the Catalyst line.

We have sold through a TON of the new Catalyst skates, and the sizing remains the same as my initial thoughts. 

You will likely stay in the same size as other big brands (Bauer/CCM), or you will go up in size. This is the opposite in sizing when compared to the TF series. 

Why not just buy from a store that offers the 30-day satisfaction guarantee so if you get the wrong sized skate you can exchange/return? I understand you want to save money, but a properly fitting skate should be the main priority. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me pose this...I'd really like to try a Cat Pro, but like I said...nothing local.  Do I abandon that idea or is there a way to go custom 100% online?

I like the idea of greater forward flexion. 

15 minutes ago, Jbear said:

Let me pose this...I'd really like to try a Cat Pro, but like I said...nothing local.  Do I abandon that idea or is there a way to go custom 100% online?

I like the idea of greater forward flexion. 

I have previously shipped out the TRUE scanner to Teams, had them perform the scan, and send it back. I don't see any reason why I couldn't do the same for a customer. Where are you located? 

• Like 2