Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
noupf

100K Pro's no longer being produced?

Went on a hunt at some LHS's and couldn't find much.  Most every other model and brand were in stock with plenty of sizes and fits.  Online stores have very little too it looks like.  Is CCM no longer producing the 100k Pros?

4 hours ago, noupf said:

Went on a hunt at some LHS's and couldn't find much.  Most every other model and brand were in stock with plenty of sizes and fits.  Online stores have very little too it looks like.  Is CCM no longer producing the 100k Pros?

At retail they are sold out until 2023, unless you can find a store that has some in stock. Otherwise, if you cant fin them in your size you will need to go custom. What size do you need? 

22 minutes ago, PBH said:

At retail they are sold out until 2023, unless you can find a store that has some in stock. Otherwise, if you cant fin them in your size you will need to go custom. What size do you need? 

Damn it !!  Do you know for a fact that they will be produced again in 3-4 months?  The Manager at pure hockey was telling me he believes they are done making them.  

As for sizing , not sure, couldn't even try any on.  To further complicate things, Pure Hockey by me had me use the Bauer scan device, told me my right foot was a skate size 8.75 and my left was a 9.   I know 100% for a fact i am an 11.5 in shoes and have a size 10 in my grafs that fit extremely well.  I went to a newly opened hockey monkey store near me too, their Bauer scan machine said i was a 9 right and 9.25 left.   A full two sizes down..... I'm blown away if any of that is true lol

Edited by noupf

First off. I find it hard to believe some rando from Pure knows their done, but not a peep here or other various sites. 

I wear a 9/9.5 shoe depending on the brand and skate in size 6 100k pros. Two sizes down isn't all that surprising.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stick9 said:

First off. I find it hard to believe some rando from Pure knows their done, but not a peep here or other various sites. 

I wear a 9/9.5 shoe depending on the brand and skate in size 6 100k pros. Two sizes down isn't all that surprising.

The manager is who I spoke to.  Agreed that he may not know everything or even be correct for that matter, but I’ve also read some comments from people that claim to be in the know, that the ribcor line will be likely discontinued in the near future, so putting the two together is what prompted me to create this post.  We talked shop for over half an hour after asking if they had 100ks in stock ( they had one pair in the stock room ).  He seemed relatively knowledgeable from what I could tell. 

Thanks for the insight on the sizing.  Maybe boots today are sizing differently than when I bought my Graf G75’s 8+ years ago.   Maybe I am 9 or 9.5 in the CCM’s. 

Edited by noupf

A lot of people buy their skates too big. I suspect a lot of people buy their shoes too big. Correctly fitted skates feel “too tight” when you first put them on, especially if someone has been wearing oversized skates. They won’t fit like slippers, no matter how many people like to say that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, noupf said:

The manager is who I spoke to.  Agreed that he may not know everything or even be correct for that matter, but I’ve also read some comments from people that claim to be in the know, that the rib or line will be likely discontinued in the near future, so putting the two together is what printed me to create this post.  We talked shop for over half an hour after asking if they had 100ks in stock ( they had one pair in the stock room ).  He seemed relatively knowledgeable from what I could tell. 

Thanks for the insight on the sizing.  Maybe boots today are sizing differently than when I bought my Graf G75’s 8+ years ago.   Maybe I am 9 or 9.5 in the CCM’s. 

8 years ago Grafs fit about a half size smaller than Bauer and a full size smaller vs. CCM. In that time period CCM adjusted their sizing to more closely align with Bauer. You're probably around a 9 in CCM and Bauer now for a performance fit with your toes brushing the cap and a 9.5 if you don't want your toes to touch. In the True TF series you'd likely be an 8.5.

Don't worry about shoe size when fitting your skates, just try on as many models and sizes as you can and go with what fits. Some people leave more room in their shoes than others. I wear a 10W dress shoe, 10.5 running shoes and have 8EE Makos, scan as a 7.5 Fit 3 in Bauer and have 7W True TF9 boots converted for inline; so, the True boots are 3.5 sizes down from my running shoes, but they are a good performance fit. 

• Like 1

Unless you find them at retail, or you fit in any of the specific sizes below (current as of 8/9/22) you will need to wait until the 2023 booking.

The 100K production has been completed for the remainder of 2022 for retail. You can always go custom, as I mentioned previously. 

3IXYWY6.png

Edited by PBH

22 hours ago, PBH said:

Unless you find them at retail, or you fit in any of the specific sizes below (current as of 8/9/22) you will need to wait until the 2023 booking.

The 100K production has been completed for the remainder of 2022 for retail. You can always go custom, as I mentioned previously. 

3IXYWY6.png

Guess i am waiting till 2023.  Thanks for the info @PBH

1 hour ago, winston9332 said:

I have heard from a number of retailers that production has ended for the 100Ks as there might not be a successor for the ribcor line. Really sad if true. 

I dont think this is true. The 2022 Ribcor line has been selling better than the Jetspeed and Tacks. We sell more 100K skates than FT4 Pro and AS3 Pro/AS-V Pro.

On 8/17/2022 at 10:15 AM, Jbear said:

Do you find the 100k fits 1/2 size smaller than the AS3 PROs? 

In retail skates I wear a 7.0 in the ASV-Pro and a 7.5 in the 100K. I dont recall what I wear in the AS3 Pro. 

Had 7.5...loved 'em but the toe box dug into my 1/2 larger left foot pinky toe. We tried stretching but could not get it to move enough. Trying 8's...hope it does the trick. I felt like 7.5 w would change everything else too much. 8 may do that too? We shall see. 

Edited by Jbear

Got the 8's...the toe box issue is resolved. Now I just have to bake and hope they lock me in the way I like.  Not sure if a 7.5 wide would be a better option, but trying this first cuz they became available first👍🤣😎

On 8/8/2022 at 2:39 PM, noupf said:

Damn it !!  Do you know for a fact that they will be produced again in 3-4 months?  The Manager at pure hockey was telling me he believes they are done making them.  

As for sizing , not sure, couldn't even try any on.  To further complicate things, Pure Hockey by me had me use the Bauer scan device, told me my right foot was a skate size 8.75 and my left was a 9.   I know 100% for a fact i am an 11.5 in shoes and have a size 10 in my grafs that fit extremely well.  I went to a newly opened hockey monkey store near me too, their Bauer scan machine said i was a 9 right and 9.25 left.   A full two sizes down..... I'm blown away if any of that is true lol

Same happened to me.... one PH location scanned me into a size 7, fit 3. I had poor experiences with the Ultrasonic and Hyperlite and had to battle to return them (even though their return policy allows it within 30 days). I went to their Bauer Experience shop and scanned for a 7.5, fit 2 - which feel a lot better. 

For anyone interested...Hockey Monkey has 100k's in pretty much all sizes now. 

My LHS says their CCM rep told them Ribcores will become a second tier model...sad cuz the 100 is a killer pro-level skate with unique fit and flex characteristics.

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

My LHS says their CCM rep told them Ribcores will become a second tier model...sad cuz the 100 is a killer pro-level skate with unique fit and flex characteristics.

Kinda weird, because according to GearGeek database, 2/3 of NHL players stayed with ribcor 80 and 70 versus switching to the 100k's.

Well...I'm a gear geek myself so...have all three.  The 100ks are my favorite by far.  Everything I love about Ribcores and Tacks in one skate!