Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Stewie

Mix Hockey Bags

wondering if anyone has any experience with this company. Looking for backpack style hockey bags, and ones without wheeled components that have all the features i want are currently hard to find, so came accross these selling on SLS and wanted to see if anyone had any input. May get one anyways to test out. 

https://mixsports.com/mx5-ice-roller-hockey-backpack/

I love the water bottle holder on the side. Sometimes sticks, bag, water bottle, and a case of beer makes for some dicey moments trying to open a door. 

My friend is producing a bag for another niche sport, and she put a water bottle holder on it and I was like holy shit, you’re a genius. 

Yeah, the water bottle holder is a good idea.

I don't have this backpack, but I have an older Alkali RPD Max that's very durable and works well. I see the new Alkali Revel looks similar, but is out of stock. The Alkali doesn't have the water bottle holder, but it does have a chest strap that clips up that helps distribute the weight evenly. Unfortunately, it looks like the Mix doesn't have a chest strap. 

The other non-wheel backpack that seems to be in stock is the Warrior Pro Carry Backpack, but that one doesn't have the chest strap or the water bottle holder and is more expensive than both the Mix and Alkali. If I was in the market for a new backpack, I'd gamble on the Mix if I was in a hurry or wait for the Alkali to come back in stock if there was no rush since I like my current Alkali bag. 

oooh that looks pretty rad, and yea I agree a water bottle holder would be clutch many times.  I'm using an Eason Pro 15 backpack bag (which was then branded as Bauer Pro 15 before being discontinued from what I can tell).  I love the backpack straps and how the Pro 15 is just a basic open bag, this Mix one (and the Alkali and Warrior mentioned above) seem neat with their compartments which might make it easier to walk with (with mine it's so long it hits the back of your thighs when walking so it can get annoying).  Mine is presently starting to deteriorate so I'm curious how this Mix one works out, please keep us posted.

There’s definitely some things I am skeptical on with it, but feel like I have enough curiosity to spend the 80 on it. 

currently I use a labeda backpack for roller, but the water bottle pouch is all torn up and I hate wheeled backpack bags as the internal frame is a bit annoying to me. For ice in using the warrior bag that doesn’t have the wheels, but It also doesn’t have a water bottle holder and I can’t seem to find the non wheeled ones in stock anywhere. 

looks like maybe these have two water bottle holders which is perfect because I usually bring a premixed biosteel carton for the bench, and some high quality H2O for after the game

I'd like to know the dimensions or at least the cubic inches available.  For some body like me who uses 16" shin guards and XL sized everything, i find that bags today don't have quite enough room.  I just want a big big enough, where i can toss everything in and zip it closed.  Aint nobody got time ( or energy ) to carefully arrange my gear after a game to be able to easily zip it shut.  

Edited by noupf

I've been eyeing this bag since it first popped up on SLS.  I use backpacks because it allows me to have both hands free and is easier for stairs.   Currently using an Easton one in the US and older Bauer model(preferred) overseas.  

Water bottle holder is a great idea, my only worry would be stuff getting caught on it.  

I messaged this company about getting a video review made.  They didn't seems receptive to the idea.  

Anyone buy/test this Mix hockey bag? 

I've been watching it on SLS and just noticed it is reduced 15% right now so is just under $80 shipped.  My bag is starting to fall apart so might have to pull the trigger on this.

Their stick bag looks pretty similar to one by a company named "Partage" https://www.amazon.com/Partage-Hockey-Stick-Bag/dp/B07ZMXWB8N

I don't see anything similar to the gear bag under that name, but I am wondering if they are importing these and slapping some screen printing on them and there could be another source elsewhere in the market. 

ok I took the chance and ordered a bag, came to about $85 after tax.  It sounds like size wise it'll be similar to what I have now just shaped slightly differently (my skate pocket is at one end and this had individual pockets on each side).  I'll return and let everyone know after I get it and try it out.

• Like 1

i havent done it yet, but will probably still look to do so soon to try it out. maybe ill await your initial impressions. I have two pacific rink bags, but prefer my warrior backpack, its just easier.

11 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Well just about every backpack has two of those bottle holders. And that mesh style will rip. Maybe not right away but eventually.

My warrior has 0 bottle holders and is never in stock, and when it is it looks like it will be 40$ more than I purchased mine at, and I have a labeda one with a bottle pouch that was awesome, but that too ripped. I’m also skeptical on the long term holding ability of these mesh ones, but I usually just carry biosteel cartons so maybe it’ll hold up to that ok. 

On 9/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, xstartxtodayx said:

ok I took the chance and ordered a bag, came to about $85 after tax.  It sounds like size wise it'll be similar to what I have now just shaped slightly differently (my skate pocket is at one end and this had individual pockets on each side).  I'll return and let everyone know after I get it and try it out.

Any input? My roller bag has further deteriorated so I started considering these again.

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

Any input? My roller bag has further deteriorated so I started considering these again.

So far so good.  

Coming from an older Easton backpack (which was really just a normal hockey bag but with shoulder straps) this one has much more room to it.  The build quality seems really good, the zippers are all really heavy duty but not the smoothest so while they feel really strong they are a bit of a chore to open/close at times, I'd rather have this than zippers that are easy to open/close but feel like they'll fail at any moment (which was the case with my old Easton).  The skate pockets fit my size 7.5 skates pretty well but I can't imagine they'd work well for people with large skates.  There's plenty of room in the three other pockets, I use the one larger one for tape/wax and scissors, one small one for powerfeet inserts and a screwdriver, and the other for extra laces and misc. bolts/j clips/etc.  Coming from a bag with just a mesh pouch for stuff I almost feel like I have too much storage now lol.  The main compartment is large which is awesome, tons of room to put everything in, the one downside was it had a pretty strong chemical smell when I got it which lasted about 2 weeks, luckily I keep everything in the garage otherwise this wouldn't have stayed inside the house.  The shoulder straps work well but I have 2 gripes... first, I wish they were a few inches longer since with a hoodie, or even a coat, it can be tough to get the second arm in at times even when extended out as far as they can go, a few more inches on the adjustable straps would be awesome.  And second, the shoulder straps are connected at the top in like a semi circle that can dig into your neck/shoulders, I wish they made the straps more separate and maybe slightly wider... I'm not a huge guy by any means but it almost feels like they designed this for a kid with how the straps are.  Oh and the water bottle holders, these are something I didn't really care about but I've found them useful, I stick my normal sized gatorade water bottle in one and then my small pre-game drink in the other, so far so good, if they rip I'll just go back to putting the gatorade bottle inside the bag (I don't fill it up til I get to the rink so it's empty) and carrying the pre-game drink.

So overall I'm really happy with the bag, for the price it's definitely worth it (I got mine from the company through sidelineswap when they ran a 10% off sale, it worked out to be almost $10 cheaper than direct from their site after shipping and taxes).

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

So far so good.  

Coming from an older Easton backpack (which was really just a normal hockey bag but with shoulder straps) this one has much more room to it.  The build quality seems really good, the zippers are all really heavy duty but not the smoothest so while they feel really strong they are a bit of a chore to open/close at times, I'd rather have this than zippers that are easy to open/close but feel like they'll fail at any moment (which was the case with my old Easton).  The skate pockets fit my size 7.5 skates pretty well but I can't imagine they'd work well for people with large skates.  There's plenty of room in the three other pockets, I use the one larger one for tape/wax and scissors, one small one for powerfeet inserts and a screwdriver, and the other for extra laces and misc. bolts/j clips/etc.  Coming from a bag with just a mesh pouch for stuff I almost feel like I have too much storage now lol.  The main compartment is large which is awesome, tons of room to put everything in, the one downside was it had a pretty strong chemical smell when I got it which lasted about 2 weeks, luckily I keep everything in the garage otherwise this wouldn't have stayed inside the house.  The shoulder straps work well but I have 2 gripes... first, I wish they were a few inches longer since with a hoodie, or even a coat, it can be tough to get the second arm in at times even when extended out as far as they can go, a few more inches on the adjustable straps would be awesome.  And second, the shoulder straps are connected at the top in like a semi circle that can dig into your neck/shoulders, I wish they made the straps more separate and maybe slightly wider... I'm not a huge guy by any means but it almost feels like they designed this for a kid with how the straps are.  Oh and the water bottle holders, these are something I didn't really care about but I've found them useful, I stick my normal sized gatorade water bottle in one and then my small pre-game drink in the other, so far so good, if they rip I'll just go back to putting the gatorade bottle inside the bag (I don't fill it up til I get to the rink so it's empty) and carrying the pre-game drink.

So overall I'm really happy with the bag, for the price it's definitely worth it (I got mine from the company through sidelineswap when they ran a 10% off sale, it worked out to be almost $10 cheaper than direct from their site after shipping and taxes).

Thanks for the feedback! Your comment about the shoulder straps is my number one concern with the bag, definitely looks like the area around the neck could be awkward and uncomfortable, but perhaps I’ll still give it a try, maybe I’ll just hang it up in the barn to air out a few weeks. 

• Like 1