Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
honeless_blader

New Sync improved over Nexus?

Bauer marketing has me believing they've added a layer of something in the blade and the carbon somewhere is thinner or wider or otherwise more productive... can anyone who used or has the previous nexus stick also using the Sync who can feel any sort of difference?

12 hours ago, honeless_blader said:

Bauer marketing has me believing they've added a layer of something in the blade and the carbon somewhere is thinner or wider or otherwise more productive... can anyone who used or has the previous nexus stick also using the Sync who can feel any sort of difference?

I asked the same questions about the true Hzrdus stick, now I regret even asking after I went out to try it myself. 🙈🫣

47 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

Not good?

i meant I was curious about the Hzrdus stick as you are with the nexus, your best bet is to get out there and try it yourself if they let you test sticks where you live. If it doesn’t work for some one else it doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. 

I like the TRUE Hzrdus. The Bauer Sync is good too. Neither of them are better than the CCM FT5 Pro.

My current stick rankings are as follows (current generation sticks only) and you will notice I prefer mid kick more than low kick. I mainly take snap and wrist shots, rarely do I take slapshots. 

I recently founds what I consider the best stick ever (for me) -> AS4 Pro senior shaft (shape and texture), FT5 Pro kick point, Ribcor blade, 65 flex. I like the square shaft and texture, the variable kickpoint loads easily, shoots hard, and the RIbcor blade allows for accurate shots (stays closed) and good puck feel. 

1. CCM FT5 Pro
  2. CCM AS4 Pro
  3. TRUE Catalyst PX
  4. Bauer Nexus Sync
  5. CCM Trigger 6 Pro
  6. TRUE Hzrdus PX 
  7. Warrior LX Pro
  8. Warrior Covert QR5 Pro
  9. Bauer Hyperlite 

10 hours ago, PBH said:

I like the TRUE Hzrdus. The Bauer Sync is good too. Neither of them are better than the CCM FT5 Pro.

My current stick rankings are as follows (current generation sticks only) and you will notice I prefer mid kick more than low kick. I mainly take snap and wrist shots, rarely do I take slapshots. 

I recently founds what I consider the best stick ever (for me) -> AS4 Pro senior shaft (shape and texture), FT5 Pro kick point, Ribcor blade, 65 flex. I like the square shaft and texture, the variable kickpoint loads easily, shoots hard, and the RIbcor blade allows for accurate shots (stays closed) and good puck feel. 

1. CCM FT5 Pro
  2. CCM AS4 Pro
  3. TRUE Catalyst PX
  4. Bauer Nexus Sync
  5. CCM Trigger 6 Pro
  6. TRUE Hzrdus PX 
  7. Warrior LX Pro
  8. Warrior Covert QR5 Pro
  9. Bauer Hyperlite 

I wish CCM did custom stick orders. I would love a Bauer P14 equivalent in one of their offerings.

36 minutes ago, Lfntn10 said:

Cries in minimum 6 orders

This definitely looks interesting though, how do you go about ordering one?

Fill out the form, send it to me, I collect payment and place the order 🙂 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:00 AM, PBH said:

Fill out the form, send it to me, I collect payment and place the order 🙂 

I thought CCM had paused the retail custom ordering? Are they back to taking orders?

On 8/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, honeless_blader said:

So, I've used my Sync and brought it out against my Geo and FT5 Pro. Sync is definitely an improvement over the Geo in terms of shot, lower weight and I'd say slightly better balance. Still doesn't shoot as good as CCM sticks do though, but closes the gap.

Puck feel is still amazing. I still haven't dialed in if it is more dampened than the Geo, and need a few more skates with it side by side. But every time I use a new CCM stick I question why I loved the Nexus sticks so much... then I go and make a few passes with them and it all comes back. Puck feel is unreal and basically at the other end of the spectrum compared to the Jetspeed, Trigger, and Hyperlite (not saying all of those are the same, Nexus is just way softer).

• Like 2

I tried a sync on Tuesday, shot with it for an hour. I found it ok but the guy I borrowed it off had a different opinion. Admittedly, his snap shot is a pro level lethal missile so his view is slightly different. You can't crank the sync as hard as you can other sticks, the blade deforms too much and the shot flutters. You have to really let the stick do a lot of the work. We were also trying out an RX3 and on the speed gun the RX3 shot quicker than the sync.