Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Shrink Wrap Questions?

Hey Bros (inclusive),

I've never done the shrink wrap bake before.  I have a pair of Ture TF9's that I want to bake, and I'm curious...has anyone done this solo and are there any tips to getting it done right?  I'd also like to try it with a pair of Ribcore 80K's that feel great but I would be happy with a bit more heel lock.  Is that something I can do with non-True skates?  I'll get my wife/trainer/coach/equipment manager (yes...I am ridiculously lucky...I get it) to help if it's not a solo joint.

Thanks all!

Plenty of "official" True videos out there that demonstrate.  I haven't tried this modification to True's standard instructions yet, but like the approach.  I tried the standard approach solo, not sure I got the greatest results.  Probably better as a two person job. 

I have been baking my Bauers using an Ace bandage afterwards and it seems to help with the end result.  I feel like the fit and wrap of the skate is better when I'm done if I use that bandage after a really hand form the boot to my foot.  I think it's the same idea as the shrink wrap - keeping the boot from misshaping or returning to its original shape as it cools after forming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

I have been baking my Bauers using an Ace bandage afterwards and it seems to help with the end result.  I feel like the fit and wrap of the skate is better when I'm done if I use that bandage after a really hand form the boot to my foot.  I think it's the same idea as the shrink wrap - keeping the boot from misshaping or returning to its original shape as it cools after forming.

Elastic Bandage and shrink wrap both work fine with any skate. 

21 hours ago, psulion22 said:

I recently rebaked a skate and used vetwrap, aka coban to do the same. After I took off the skate I tied the laces and wrapped it and let it cool off for 24 hrs.  Very snug!