Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
6tnt21

Crusty Goalie Glove Help!

My daughter's goalie glove is super crunchy on the inside. I'm trying to get her to not soak it with water before she gets on the ice but need to soften up the inside palm. I've read several posts stating don't put lanolin shaving cream on the inside of players gloves but does the same principle apply to goalie catchers? I just can't imagine it working any other way than putting it directly inside. If there's a better solution to softening I'm all ears!

::Tap-tap, blows in the PA, is this thing on? Oh...it is? Good.::

Paging @Hills to the white courtesy phone, will @Hills please report to the nearest white courtesy phone?

Thank you.

::hangs up PA::

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 6tnt21 said:

My daughter's goalie glove is super crunchy on the inside. I'm trying to get her to not soak it with water before she gets on the ice but need to soften up the inside palm. I've read several posts stating don't put lanolin shaving cream on the inside of players gloves but does the same principle apply to goalie catchers? I just can't imagine it working any other way than putting it directly inside. If there's a better solution to softening I'm all ears!

You can use boiling hot water. That's something to clean the inside of the glove, but will also soften the glove to close better.

There's no more real leather in goalie gloves. It's artificial leather, not sure if lanolin is going to work.

• Thanks 1

I've had good experience just running max hot water from the sink through it quite a bit. I've used Oxyclean to get rid of smells as well but might not be needed for this.

Basically, run hot water through the insides, rub the insides to makes sure it really gets on the inner materials. Keep running the water through the glove until there is no more discolouration. Then let it drip dry.

• Like 1