Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Found another Lids curve

Found me a True Catalyst 9x with an HCS curve (W02 etc.).  Anyone like this twig?  I know BLB is meh on it, but that's one opinion. Honestly, I think any negatives will be offset by that curve.  It's just dead-solid-perfect for my mechanics. Sauce, shots (all types), touch-passes, everything I do seems effortless with this one.  Been using the LX Pro, and will stay with it, but this was new and super-cheap, so...why not.

I do absolutely love the LX Pro, but I also dig the entire CCM line (more specifically AS3 Pro, FT3 Pro, and Trigger 6), and boy do I wish they would release this curve (rather than another model)!

Ok...9x fans? Anyone? 

Edited by Jbear

With curves like that I’d just take what you can get unless you go custom. I’d use a 6 pack of tree branches with a P106 curve at this point. 

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

What's BLBR?

It's nice to have options though, isn't it? 🤠

Beer League Bum...he does pretty good gear reviews, but it's one perspective. I'm curious what others think as well.  I'll be able to formulate my own when it gets here, but for now...

Also, considering how good the LX Pro is, I may try the QR 5 Pro...it is available in a w02.  If it's close to the Trig6...it's a good twig.

Edited by Jbear

Just a quick update on the Catalyst 9x twig.  I think "meh" is actually a perfect description.  The LX Pro is just "alive" compared to this stick, which just feels sorta dead and unresponsive. Balance is pretty nice.  Shaft shape works for me but there's almost no grip at all...it's slick.  I don't actually mind that overly.  Clappers are ok...nothing special. Wrist shots...same.  Snappers are crap...at least for my mechanics.  No snap to 'em.  All of that I can navigate cuz let's be realistic. As fun as it is to shoot...how many do you really get per game (at a decent level) ?  Puck feel and passing are my non-negotiables, and this stick fails there.  LX Pro,  AS3 or 4 Pro, FT3 or 4Pro, T6Pro...all crush this twig in every category. I can almost close my eyes and be accurate with any of them (especially the LX Pro), but the C9X...it's a struggle. 

I'm not done trying to figure it out but the others were money from the first shift.  I'm well aware of how personal and subjective these things are, and I would certainly suggest trying for yourself if your interested.

Edited by Jbear