Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
KEVIN88GT

Old Step Steel vs LS3 and those who went from Older Supremes to Supreme 2S skates

I'm currently skating in a Circa 2010 Supreme One100 skates with Step Steel (272mm) in a Tuuk NON TRIGGER holder.  I think it's time to upgrade my skates. I found a gently used pair of Bauer Supreme 2S skates online which appear to have Ls3 steel in a TRIGGER holder.

A few questions:

- Being that I don't want to stay with LS3 steel as I remember how fast Bauer steel gets dull and overall poor reviews on it, what steel can I upgrade to that will allow me to maintain the same height I have on my Step Steel and the same radius?. From my understanding the Step was sold to another company and they never made a steel that fits a trigger holder.

Also has anyone made a transition between these two skates? I'd love some input. I'm looking to change as little as possible as my Supreme One100 feel comfortable like sneakers (and have that double thickness tongue) but are just starting to break down over the years. 

Thank you in advance. 

56 minutes ago, KEVIN88GT said:

How does LS3 steel compare to the step steel I have now in terms of Radius and profile? (My current step is Step is the  "ST Speed Runners for Lightspeed &
Lightspeed II Plastic Holder"

I ran LS3 and coated LS3 for a bit. As I recall, LS3 required profiling to be playable. The toes needed to be shaved a bit. The Step I used was far more playable right out of the package....after a sharpening of course.