Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
birky

Warrior Novium sticks

12 hours ago, shafted said:

These sticks look interesting, anyone got update on when you can buy them and USD cost?

The only source I've been able to find suggests an early November release. Based on other stick lines at similar CAD pricing, I'm guessing $300 USD for the Novium Pro and $160 USD for the Novium. It looks like Warrior is skipping a stick at the LX 20/QR5 20 price point, and that matches up with the use of their RLC 133 construction in the regular Novium instead of the RLC 155 found in the LX 20 & QR5 20.

Edited by birky

My opinion after testing for a couple weeks:

Pros:

• Balanced
  • Good release
  • Blade has nice pop
  • Nice graphics
  • Square shaft keeps stick from rotating when shooting 
  • Taper feels good

Cons:

• Durability is questionable
    • Broke one at the lower taper where the shaft is fused with the blade, bottom of the bezel 
    • Broke another at the top of taper, where its softer to allow for more flex
  • Weight is not as advertised (Not a con per se, personal preference. I care more about swing weight) 
  • Blade is a little pingy and stiff, I prefer a softer blade (Not a con per se, personal preference) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, VegasHockey said:

My opinion after testing for a couple weeks:

Pros:

• Balanced
  • Good release
  • Blade has nice pop
  • Nice graphics
  • Square shaft keeps stick from rotating when shooting 
  • Taper feels good

Cons:

• Durability is questionable
    • Broke one at the lower taper where the shaft is fused with the blade, bottom of the bezel 
    • Broke another at the top of taper, where its softer to allow for more flex
  • Weight is not as advertised (Not a con per se, personal preference. I care more about swing weight) 
  • Blade is a little pingy and stiff, I prefer a softer blade (Not a con per se, personal preference) 

Thanks for this. How does the blade compare to previous offerings from Warrior, like the Alpha DX or LX? I really like the puck feel on those sticks.

5 hours ago, birky said:

Thanks for this. How does the blade compare to previous offerings from Warrior, like the Alpha DX or LX? I really like the puck feel on those sticks.

The blade is stiffer and has less flex than the LX Pro. 

6 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

The blade is stiffer and has less flex than the LX Pro. 

But Warrior says the blade is the same on all of their sticks according to their website and YouTube videos 🤔

6 hours ago, Hills said:

But Warrior says the blade is the same on all of their sticks according to their website and YouTube videos 🤔

Yeah, that's what the marketing says but it clearly is stiffer and more pingy. 

10 hours ago, Hills said:

We got the opportunity to try a few out at our weekly pickups at Warrior Ice Arena in the past week. 

I'll preface with saying the stick I used was not in my preferred specs (it was an 85 flex in a W28. I like a 75 flex in a W88), but the blade felt the same as most warrior blades to me. 

Nothing different really stood out in that regard. I didn't find the blade to be pingy at all. Which is a characteristic I feel that I would definitely notice.

I'm not a devout Warrior stick guy, but I've logged some decent hours with almost all the QR series to date, as well as a few of the Alpha series. 

The stick shot really well in my opinion. Definitely my big takeaway for the short period of time I got to use it. 

Got to use mine for the first time tonight. Loved it. I kept going back and forth between the Novium and the AG5NT during my game and I found myself enjoying the feel of the Novium more. 

Great shot, great blade feel (wasn't pingy), felt very familiar. Got a decent skate cut across the blade so I'm wondering how long the blade will hold up. 

My two cents. 

On 12/8/2022 at 1:45 AM, Krev said:

Got to use mine for the first time tonight. Loved it. I kept going back and forth between the Novium and the AG5NT during my game and I found myself enjoying the feel of the Novium more. 

Great shot, great blade feel (wasn't pingy), felt very familiar. Got a decent skate cut across the blade so I'm wondering how long the blade will hold up. 

My two cents. 

AG5NT is a terrible stick so it doesn't take much to be better than it 😉  

1 hour ago, VegasHockey said:

AG5NT is a terrible stick so it doesn't take much to be better than it 😉  

To each their own - AG5NT was the first Bauer stick I've really liked since the XXX and One95. Preferred them over my LX Pros even. 

18 hours ago, Krev said:

To each their own - AG5NT was the first Bauer stick I've really liked since the XXX and One95. Preferred them over my LX Pros even. 

There hasn't been a Bauer stick that I was impressed with in an exceptionally long time. 

Howdy,

I think I'm giving up on this Novium stick.  M03 75 flex Left.

Combination of it just not feeling like I can load it "right", plus it being a max height Sakic curve vs. the P90TM. I've found I miss the 'more toe curve' of the P90TM more than I like the Sakic being a little more closed. I still think the old P30 curve is the best combo for me.

In terms of the loading stuff... I loved the way the AS3 Pro felt with the FT3 non-pro close behind. I was hoping that the Novium would be another very light weight mid kick like the AS3 Pro, but something just isn't feeling right there. I used my old FT3 non pro last night and it seemed like I both had better control of the puck and could get non-muffin shots off better.  So, looks like its back to the non pro FT3 for me (I broke the AS3 Pro). I wonder if there's a market for a "used for a handful of games" Novium?

I like the idea and such of the super light sticks.  I'm tempted to try an Ag5nt just because of that, even though I'd have to go with a P92M unless I went full idiot++ and did a custom order.  The 'smart' thing is probably to get an FT5 Pro or maybe an ASV Pro, but the 60 extra grams annoy me and I'm not sure how those sticks will feel in comparison to the FT3 / AS3 I have experience with.

Mark
(ps: Its kinda shitty that the Novium is marketed as a ~360g stick and mine actually weighed ~390g)

(pps: It should be noted that I'm a pretty horrible hockey player.)

Edited by marka

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Combination of it just not feeling like I can load it "right", plus it being a max height Sakic curve vs. the P90TM. I've found I miss the 'more toe curve' of the P90TM more than I like the Sakic being a little more closed. I still think the old P30 curve is the best combo for me.

In terms of the loading stuff... I loved the way the AS3 Pro felt with the FT3 non-pro close behind. I was hoping that the Novium would be another very light weight mid kick like the AS3 Pro, but something just isn't feeling right there. I used my old FT3 non pro last night and it seemed like I both had better control of the puck and could get non-muffin shots off better.  So, looks like its back to the non pro FT3 for me (I broke the AS3 Pro). I wonder if there's a market for a "used for a handful of games" Novium?

I like the idea and such of the super light sticks.  I'm tempted to try an Ag5nt just because of that, even though I'd have to go with a P92M unless I went full idiot++ and did a custom order.  The 'smart' thing is probably to get an FT5 Pro or maybe an ASV Pro, but the 60 extra grams annoy me and I'm not sure how those sticks will feel in comparison to the FT3 / AS3 I have experience with.

Mark
(ps: Its kinda shitty that the Novium is marketed as a ~360g stick and mine actually weighed ~390g)

I really disliked the stick as well. It didn't feel balanced, and I disliked the kick point with the new taper. I like the Alpha LX Pro and am excited for the 2023 release of the updated version. 

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

Doesn't ever stick do this these days?  They all market some ridiculous weight that I've yet to see any of them meet.

30 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

I really disliked the stick as well. It didn't feel balanced, and I disliked the kick point with the new taper. I like the Alpha LX Pro and am excited for the 2023 release of the updated version. 

Haven't tried the LX Pro, but the Pro Stock Alpha DX sticks I had were fantastic.

The weight could be for the lightest blade pattern in that model at a certain length. It’s probably not a max-height blade. I think 60” is the standard height they weigh; not sure if that 60 is heel to top of the shaft or standing against the wall.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:46 PM, birky said:

Haven't tried the LX Pro, but the Pro Stock Alpha DX sticks I had were fantastic.

The LX Pro seems to be popular everywhere.

As far as this Novium, I would just say it seems now the new stick isn't always better than the previous. Usually is, but not always. Agree? The company's marketing is going to require something "new and improved" and on a schedule.

It wasn't supposed to be "better" than what they currently have, it was supposed to be different and going back to a mid kick. The Novium isn't great, and the weight is WAY off from their advertised weight (and not close to tolerances). But it is a completely different kick point option than what they had before, too bad they didn't just updated the HD1 stick though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hills said:

The Novium isn't great, and the weight is WAY off from their  But it is a completely different kick point option than what they had before, too bad they didn't just updated the HD1 stick though.

I didn't know that. It is too bad because we usually like a mid kick.

I've been playing with this stick for the past 3 weeks.  I find the weight to be more than my Ag5nt, but fairly similar to my Hyperlite and SYNC.  I actually like the Novium and it's the first Warrior stick that I've liked since the Dynasty series.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:51 PM, 218hockey said:

The LX Pro seems to be popular everywhere.

As far as this Novium, I would just say it seems now the new stick isn't always better than the previous. Usually is, but not always. Agree? The company's marketing is going to require something "new and improved" and on a schedule.

Sounds like the LX2 stick line will be released in March, and Warrior will continue making the W01, W02, and W05 curves available on the top two price points (LX2 Pro & LX2). Which is nice for folks who like those curves and can't find them anymore.