Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
shooter27

CCM 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

2 hours ago, PBH said:

Dealers are actually asked to honor a single satisfaction return for a customer. The most I will allow is two.

I had a customer who abused the system starting with FT485, then FT4, then FT4 Pro, then 100K Pro, then 100K Pro customs. It was a nightmare getting CCM to accept the FT4 Pro and 100K Pro returns under the satisfaction guarantee. I assume he didn't have enough money to get the 100K Pro customs so as he saved money he kept upgrading. Each return was made between days 80-89 so it seems very systematic. 

There's always someone who will try to take advantage like that (and ruin it for the rest of us lol).  There should be some fine print for their guarantee, something along the lines of only being able to take advantage a limited number of times or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PBH said:

Dealers are actually asked to honor a single satisfaction return for a customer. The most I will allow is two.

I had a customer who abused the system starting with FT485, then FT4, then FT4 Pro, then 100K Pro, then 100K Pro customs. It was a nightmare getting CCM to accept the FT4 Pro and 100K Pro returns under the satisfaction guarantee. I assume he didn't have enough money to get the 100K Pro customs so as he saved money he kept upgrading. Each return was made between days 80-89 so it seems very systematic. 

That's just greasy!  Why do people have to abuse everything?  I've used the 90 day twice.  First time I wore them to one public skate and knew they wouldn't work.  Second time I didn't even skate on them, but I had let the shop sharpen them, so I had to use the 90 day.  Whenever I have to return something I feel so guilty that I'll always buy something else, whether small like tape or even larger like a stick.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:24 PM, sp3nny said:

I guess I should have been more clear. AS-V Pro's do not come with steel, which is what I have, and am potentially returning.

Oh, I didn't know CCM had started that as well. My bad.

8 hours ago, PBH said:

CCM needs to make it clear then in their consumer facing 90 Day Guarantee legal/fine print. HockeyMonkey actually did try to sweat me for bring back a second pair of CCM's, but no where in the CCM 90 Day Guarantee does it state there is a limit. 

From the HM site:

We're so sure that you'll love your new CCM Ice Hockey Skates that if you aren't satisfied for any reason, we'll take them back within 90 days of purchase - no questions asked. If you aren't completely satisfied with your purchase - you can return them for a full refund. This offer is valid for specially marked CCM JetSpeed, Tacks & RibCor Skates. Only models listed on this page qualify for this offer. Customers who wish to return their skates need to call customer service to initiate a standard merchandise return within the return period. Upon receipt and inspection of the skates, the customer will be provided a refund for the purchase amount of the skates.

From the IW site:

CCM 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

CCM guarantees that you will love your skates or you get your money back! Purchase a pair of qualifying CCM skates, even sharpen your ice skates however you like and give them a true test. If you are not completely satisfied with the skates, you return them to IW within 90 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. 

Complete skates must be returned to IW within the stated time period along with a copy of your invoice to be eligible to receive a refund.

It sucks that companies put the onus on shops to manage returns. Sounds like CCM and Bauer offer the guarantee, then turn around and push back on local stores to enforce some sort of “read between the lines” aspect of whether they will cover the returned skates. 

LHSs, ya’ll doin gods work, while CCM and Bauer then sell direct to consumer and try to undercut your sales. 

On 10/8/2022 at 5:20 AM, pgeorgan said:

Wow. It's true what they say about there being so much bad information on the internet! 

I think the commenters are talking about me. I purchased FT4 Pro's and used them at sticks and pucks only, out of an abundance of caution. That was from Ice Warehouse. They took them back, no problem. 

I then purchased 100k Pros from Hockey Monkey. They broke from a shot within the 90-day trial period. I was told they would not qualify for the 90-day guarantee because of this. Nevertheless, Hockey Monkey took them back for store credit.

The steel is considered part of the deal. 

I don't think anyone was referring to your specific instances. All of that is genuine.