Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
yk15

Bauer Sling vs CCM FT5 Pro

Hi, I am choosing between these two sticks. I am looking for a similar flex and 92\29 curve. Here is my thinking:

CCM FT5 pro is heavier, which is worse for my skinny hands. Do you think the difference between 375 and 396 grams is noticeable?

Bauer Sling is mid-kick, while CCM FT5 Pro is known for great shooting qualities and hybrid kick point. Is there a significant difference between them?

FT5 pro is supposedly more durable

I used the ADV and FT3 pro in the past, both were good. 

Any tips?

Ignore the Sling and pretend it doesn't exist. It has garbage puck feel and a super meh shot. FT5 Pro will crush it in everything but rarity. Weight isn't a big enough difference to really matter, and cut the FT5 Pro down to the Sling's size and it will be closer.

6 hours ago, Hills said:

Ignore the Sling and pretend it doesn't exist. It has garbage puck feel and a super meh shot. FT5 Pro will crush it in everything but rarity. Weight isn't a big enough difference to really matter, and cut the FT5 Pro down to the Sling's size and it will be closer.

All of this and +1

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, start_today said:

Outside of buying drugs or designing a nuclear reactor, 30 grams seems exceedingly negligible.  

For sticks I disagree, but the way they are balanced matters as much if not more and the Sling feels lighter but not (holy this will totally make a difference) lighter.

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Outside of buying drugs or designing a nuclear reactor, 30 grams seems exceedingly negligible.  

30 grams = one fine cup of coffee if you're grinding the right beans 😉 

• Haha 1

Honestly, i'd even skip the FT5 Pro and just go for the FT5.  I haven't shot the Pro, but the FT5 is a monster stick for the price point and shoots and feels better than my FT4 Pro did.  I don't know that the 50+% increase in price would be warranted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Howdy,

20 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Honestly, i'd even skip the FT5 Pro and just go for the FT5.  I haven't shot the Pro, but the FT5 is a monster stick for the price point and shoots and feels better than my FT4 Pro did.  I don't know that the 50+% increase in price would be warranted.

Still a $250 stick though.  Hard to swallow.  Wasn't the FT3 like $150?

Mark

3 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Still a $250 stick though.  Hard to swallow.  Wasn't the FT3 like $150?

Mark

$199, still a decent price for that stick. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hockeymom5 said:

One other side note…Bauer has the worst customer NO-service. With Bauer if you get anything faulty you’re on your own unless where you purchased has your back. 

Bauer expects the retailers to handle warranty for helmets and protective. 

With sticks, Bauer would prefer customers to go direct to Bauer. However, any dealer can warranty a stick in advance and process the warranty claim themselves. Most dealers prefer to not do this as it takes items from inventory and many times those items cannot be replaced in a timely manner due to inventory related issues. 

We sometimes replace the stick in advance for the customer if the stick looks like it was in fact defective, but if the stick looks like it was snapped over the boards, we will always refer the customer to Bauer. Some of the bigger stores do this as well, such as Pure Hockey. 

You’re right. I have dealt with the place of purchase to deal with warranty replacements etc. No prob. 
I have had three incidents with Bauer products in the last 6 months. All three were issues with quality and workmanship of the product and no warranty was applicable. The first two regarding skates - and the last was a mini hockey net set. I wanted Bauer to look into the prob with the boots of both skates since I felt it was a manufacturing or material flaw. They blamed my skater with a generic response without looking at pics or reading emails. I’ve had years of hockey and dealing with the products. We have had Bauer skates  last through a few players and multiple seasons. So when a problem comes up 2x in less than 4 months with two pairs of skates…it would seem there may be a prob. Bauer could not have cared less.