Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

ECHL is using AK for Jerseys

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the ECHL using AK Jerseys?  Personally not a fan of AK Jerseys.  Will the NHL follow suit?  There are better brands out there.  My team uses LUTCH but since the Russian invasion we are having issues.

Edited by iceman8310

Perhaps AK made the most profitable offer to the cheese toast league.

Because that is the reason most for profit businesses base their decisions on, like the NHL will do when the adidas deal is up.

Edited by nutters
  • Like 1

It's solely for cost purposes. 

Right before the pandemic, we played a charity tournament out of the DCU Center (Worcester Railers home ice), and a bunch of Railers players played in it. 

Athletic Knit had people there, as they had just signed the contract with the ECHL, and they supplied jerseys for the tourney that we were allowed to keep. We were told these would be exact specs that the league would be using.

They were far and away better quality than any AK jersey I've seen or owned in 20+ years of beer league. However, obviously not near the quality of anything the AHL/NHL has used in a long time.

I highly doubt the NHL would go with an "off" brand for their jersey choice when the next deal is signed. 

• Like 1

I hope the nhl moves to a model where at the first game, there’s a giant pile of XL practice jerseys in the middle of the floor. You get whatever number you get. Johnny Gaudreau  ends up wearing a goalie cut because he came late and there was nothing left. Eventually the navy team plays the black team and one team has to wear yellow pinnies. If a players gets called up mid season, they just wear whatever random jersey they have in their bag. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

As others have said, it's business, so that drives the deal.  I've had AK jerseys in the past and they do offer a lot of options and are not a bad company at all.  I mean it could be wayyy worse... imagine if ECHL signed with Mens League Sweaters and all the players had to figure out how to fit their arms in the sleeves that were 4 sizes skinnier than the body of the jerseys 😂  AK is def not a bad choice when some of those cheapo brands are out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2022 at 8:04 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

As others have said, it's business, so that drives the deal.  I've had AK jerseys in the past and they do offer a lot of options and are not a bad company at all.  I mean it could be wayyy worse... imagine if ECHL signed with Mens League Sweaters and all the players had to figure out how to fit their arms in the sleeves that were 4 sizes skinnier than the body of the jerseys 😂  AK is def not a bad choice when some of those cheapo brands are out there.

Speak on it! I CAN'T STAND the leaves on my MLS jersey.

• Like 1