Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Trigger 6 pro durability

They're supposed to be more durable but I had pretty disappointing results.  I used my Trigger 6 Pro for maybe 7 or 8 games and the blade started splitting down the middle lengthwise on the top and lost all strength.  I was pretty bummed because it felt great and was so much better than the Trigger 5 Pro I had broken and warrantied for the 6 (which is why I didn't warranty the 6, pretty sure you can't warranty a warrantied replacement).  I think the blade thing is just bad luck, I've had it happen on an FT4 Pro pro stock stick once too, but other sticks that I've had longer/used more have been fine so I woudn't let my experience scare you away from the Trigger 6 Pro, like I said it was a great stick with great feel.

1 hour ago, JAY4114 said:

How is the durability on the trigger 6 pro, especially in the blade? I wouldn't mind feedback on the regular trigger 6 either.

More durable than the T5 Pro. We don't see many of the T6 Pro come back with catastrophic failures. However, YMMV.

• Like 2

I bought one about 6 months ago, and really liked pretty much every aspect about it. 

I skate one league game, and 3-4 pickups a week, and had no abnormal durability issues over that time.

I liked it so much that I picked up 3 more when they went on clearance. I very rarely do that, as I always like to try new sticks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

They're supposed to be more durable but I had pretty disappointing results.  I used my Trigger 6 Pro for maybe 7 or 8 games and the blade started splitting down the middle lengthwise on the top and lost all strength.  I was pretty bummed because it felt great and was so much better than the Trigger 5 Pro I had broken and warrantied for the 6 (which is why I didn't warranty the 6, pretty sure you can't warranty a warrantied replacement).  I think the blade thing is just bad luck, I've had it happen on an FT4 Pro pro stock stick once too, but other sticks that I've had longer/used more have been fine so I woudn't let my experience scare you away from the Trigger 6 Pro, like I said it was a great stick with great feel.

It doesn’t scare me, but definitely gives me some food for thought. On Reddit there was a thread and 8/10 people said that they went through 1 or 2 sticks because of the blade. Also a youtuber said that the top of his blade split and would not be going back. 

56 minutes ago, JAY4114 said:

It doesn’t scare me, but definitely gives me some food for thought. On Reddit there was a thread and 8/10 people said that they went through 1 or 2 sticks because of the blade. Also a youtuber said that the top of his blade split and would not be going back. 

I know this is a generational thing and I’m “old man yelling at cloud,” but those are probably the two worst possible sources for hockey equipment feedback. The Reddit hockey forum is full of, well, idiots, and most YouTube reviews are click-baity garbage driven by people who read the Reddit hockey forum. It’s people who know just enough about hockey equipment to completely get everything wrong, and do so in the loudest way possible.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, start_today said:

I know this is a generational thing and I’m “old man yelling at cloud,” but those are probably the two worst possible sources for hockey equipment feedback. The Reddit hockey forum is full of, well, idiots, and most YouTube reviews are click-baity garbage driven by people who read the Reddit hockey forum. It’s people who know just enough about hockey equipment to completely get everything wrong, and do so in the loudest way possible.  

I definitely agree with that, which is why I came here for a 3rd opinion. The youtuber did show his trigger next to his geo, but I’m not sure how much abuse it went through compared to the geo, even though he said it was less. Reddit has too many people on both sides for me sometimes but if enough people complain about it then I like to look into the issue a little more

7 minutes ago, start_today said:

No. You are 100% on point.

The Reddit hockeyplayers sub is definitely filled with some of the worst advice going at times. It's brutal. 

2 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

No. You are 100% on point.

The Reddit hockeyplayers sub is definitely filled with some of the worst advice going at times. It's brutal. 

Commenting on there is such a losing battle it isn't funny

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Ouch 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PBH said:

More durable than the T5 Pro. We don't see many of the T6 Pro come back with catastrophic failures. However, YMMV.

When they do come back, is there any similar breakages or does it vary per stick?

18 hours ago, Hills said:

Commenting on there is such a losing battle it isn't funny

It's a mixed bag for sure, but there are definitely some people on there trying to help. I think you just have to go in with the understanding that it's reddit and a lot of the stuff on there is noise. 

18 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

When they do come back, is there any similar breakages or does it vary per stick?

Any breaks I have seen are in the lower 1/3 of the shaft at the flex point. 

1 hour ago, PBH said:

Any breaks I have seen are in the lower 1/3 of the shaft at the flex point. 

Do you remember anything about the dx or geo? Those are the 2 other sticks I’m considering 

1 hour ago, JAY4114 said:

Do you remember anything about the dx or geo? Those are the 2 other sticks I’m considering 

Can only speak from my own experience, but I've had two pro stock DX sticks ("T8DX" build) since March and they are both still in great shape despite 2 games per week.

Edited by birky

12 hours ago, birky said:

Can only speak from my own experience, but I've had two pro stock DX sticks ("T8DX" build) since March and they are both still in great shape despite 2 games per week.

from other reviews it seems like the dx was one of the better sticks that had good performance and good durability in recent years