Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
218hockey

WARRIOR stick nomenclature

Is it me or is Warrior poor at naming and marketing? Or really hockey companies are in general.

Is there an Alpha LX and an Alpha LX PRO? LX PRO is tops?  Is there an Alpha DX and Alpha DX PRO? DX PRO is beneath DX?

I don't even know what the heck I'm buying.

I'm glad it's not just me  🤣  I can't figure out their models at all... QRE10 vs QRE5 and the 5 is better/newer?  I know the QRE's are low kick and the LX is more hybrid but no clue where the DX comes in.  I tried reading their site and info about each line and just get more confused.  I know I own 2 right now, a QRE10 which is def a low kick, and an LX Pro which is similar to a Jetspeed with what feels like a hybrid kick, I prefer the LX Pro but I think they're both top end models, but then again have no idea.

I've had to cover their brutal naming in the last few videos I've done. It is super annoying. They copied Bauer when Bauer was doing the Pro as the top line, CCM and Warrior move over to having Pro as their top and then Bauer goes to unique top end names 😂.

But for now, Warrior's Pro line is the top, then XXX 20 is the step down.

22 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I'm glad it's not just me  🤣  I can't figure out their models at all... QRE10 vs QRE5 and the 5 is better/newer?  I know the QRE's are low kick and the LX is more hybrid but no clue where the DX comes in.  I tried reading their site and info about each line and just get more confused.  I know I own 2 right now, a QRE10 which is def a low kick, and an LX Pro which is similar to a Jetspeed with what feels like a hybrid kick, I prefer the LX Pro but I think they're both top end models, but then again have no idea.

Just of note, it is QR5 and not QRE5... which just adds to the confusion.

47 minutes ago, Hills said:

I've had to cover their brutal naming in the last few videos I've done. It is super annoying. They copied Bauer when Bauer was doing the Pro as the top line, CCM and Warrior move over to having Pro as their top and then Bauer goes to unique top end names 😂.

But for now, Warrior's Pro line is the top, then XXX 20 is the step down.

Just of note, it is QR5 and not QRE5... which just adds to the confusion.

Ugh, yes, Warrior is awful at this.

I really like how Ice Warehouse categorizes sticks: Elite, Performance, Recreational. Just makes so much sense to me, wish more manufactures would stick to just 3-4 price points.

Worth noting that it looks like Warrior is going with just 3 price points for the new Novium line, which I think is a welcome change (Novium Pro, Novium, Novium SP).

• Like 1

Warrior _____ pro used to be the second to top of the line. Then, Bauer started making pro their “top” stick, now warrior does that too.
I think DX was Warriors last product line where pro was the second tier. 

But, now I think Bauer has some lines where it like model (3), model pro (2), and sameline newname(1) for top tier.

“This stick goes to 11.”

“But why not just make it shoot harder, and still have 10 as the top rating?”

“Yeah, but this stick goes to 11.” 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, start_today said:

Warrior _____ pro used to be the second to top of the line. Then, Bauer started making pro their “top” stick, now warrior does that too.
I think DX was Warriors last product line where pro was the second tier. 

But, now I think Bauer has some lines where it like model (3), model pro (2), and sameline newname(1) for top tier.

“This stick goes to 11.”

I think QRE 20 Pro was the last with Pro as 2nd tier.

17 hours ago, start_today said:

Warrior _____ pro used to be the second to top of the line.

That's what messed me up. My son has only used Bauer sticks but has an Alpha DX that he really likes. Then I saw a new DX PRO on SS for $140 and thought wow, what a deal. I didn't know the PRO was more of a team stick. confused0024.gif

Edited by 218hockey

57 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

That's what messed me up. My son has only used Bauer sticks but has an Alpha DX that he really likes. Then I saw a new DX PRO on SS for $140 and thought wow, what a deal. I didn't know the PRO was more of a team stick. confused0024.gif

The warrior pros were still good sticks. For the senior models, they were a few extra inches longer than whatever the standard market length is. 

There was a DX Team stick, that’s a different stick, it was a prostock option for juniors and college teams. Those mapped more to the “3rd” pricing tier. 

19 hours ago, start_today said:

“This stick goes to 11.”

This wins the internet for me today 😂 my wifi network at home is "goes to eleven" 😉