Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
birky

CAG -> Prosharp

I've skated in Vapors for a long time now (9D, 280mm), and I grew very accustomed to the stock 9' radius. As I've gotten older I've realized I want a little more stability when I'm more upright, so I took them to our only local shop that I'd trust with skates (they specialize in skate stuff) and had them change the profile. While the guys at this shop are knowledgeable and professional, they have a very strong preference for CAG profiles as opposed to Prosharp (they do have a Prosharp machine but they actually license their own CAG machine design to some pro teams). After several return visits, I'm now skating on a 20/40 profile which I believe is pretty similar to a 10' radius. So it's not a very big change. I'm not unhappy, but it's not quite what I was looking for. 

I'm looking at finally replacing my Vapors with some Cat 9s (8.5, 272mm), and I think it might be time to revisit the profiling issue. What I'm looking for is the feeling of the 9' radius when I'm accelerating, but a little more stability and glide otherwise. Not a lot, just a little. I'm interesting in trying one of the multi-radii Prosharp options, but there are so many different versions it's hard to know what would work best. I'm curious if anyone can recommend something along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Edited by birky

I'd recommend you keep it simple to start, try a combi (10 / 13) or if you do a lot of backward skating try a detroit (10 / 20). Then if you want to experiment further from here try a quad 0.