Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
frozen4sioux

Bauer Hyperlite Insoles -Sourcing

I recently bought a pair of used Bauer hyperlites for my son. However, he's having a ton of issues with certain pain points that we are working out.

The used skates, Sr Size 7 Fit 2 came with speed plates (painplates as I call them)  the original insoles were not included in the box.

Does anyone know a place to get a replacement set of insoles for him?

He has tried on multiple new models in the stores and thinks they are a lot more comfortable for him.

As a complete hail mary maybe there's someone out there with a set of insoles they aren't using for their hyperlites?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you baked the Speedplate? Heating it will reset it and you can mold it to his foot (there's no maximum amount of bakes like a skate).180-200 degrees (I'd do 200) and monitor until the stripes turn white, place back in the skate and stand in them for a minute. Any aftermarket insole (curex, ccm, superfeet) will be better than the stock insole when skating, the flimsy stock insoles all feel great in store. I've not found anyplace that sells the stock Bauer insoles.  

18 hours ago, frozen4sioux said:

I recently bought a pair of used Bauer hyperlites for my son. However, he's having a ton of issues with certain pain points that we are working out.

The used skates, Sr Size 7 Fit 2 came with speed plates (painplates as I call them)  the original insoles were not included in the box.

He has tried on multiple new models in the stores and thinks they are a lot more comfortable for him.

As a complete hail mary maybe there's someone out there with a set of insoles they aren't using for their hyperlites?

Thanks

Most hockey shops will have extra pairs of stock insoles and other knickknacks kicking around.  It wouldn't hurt to call around and ask if they have any laying around. 

I tried speed plates in the past and hated them, so I get where he's coming from. The stock insoles are basically flat so any stock one would be similar, like someone said above, a shop might have some laying around.  The other options are aftermarket... Superfeet are very popular, they'll cradle the heel more but also give a slight lift to the heel (which may help or hurt depending where the pain spots are), they have the traditional yellow and also a carbon pro which I've found lifts the heel slightly more.  CCM has their orthomove (I think that's what its called) which is a slightly more subtle version of the Superfeet Yellow with less heel lift and slightly less heel cradle).

If you just want some basic stock footbeds I might have a pair or two, I'm a 7.5 skate so with some trimming they should work, just pay for shipping and they're yours.

On 11/9/2022 at 9:59 PM, frozen4sioux said:

Thanks

Hi Sue,

We've went through the Speed Plates too. First version seems like a super high arch. Really like the 2.0 but they're so heavy.

So I just emailed Bauer and said I wanted to buy a couple of pairs of the insoles that came in our UltraSonics. Here is their reply;

Hi,

We do not sell these as an aftermarket product, we sell the SpeedPlate for this usage. I would also recommend looking at SuperFeet insoles.

Thank you,

Jacob

Jacob Waterhouse | Bilingual E-Commerce / Warranty Rep | BAUER HOCKEY |

I thought the reply was ridiculous. They can't sell any replacement "parts" for their products?

Edited by 218hockey

15 hours ago, 218hockey said:

Hi Sue,

We've went through the Speed Plates too. First version seems like a super high arch. Really like the 2.0 but they're so heavy.

So I just emailed Bauer and said I wanted to buy a couple of pairs of the insoles that came in our UltraSonics. Here is their reply;

Hi,

We do not sell these as an aftermarket product, we sell the SpeedPlate for this usage. I would also recommend looking at SuperFeet insoles.

Thank you,

Jacob

Jacob Waterhouse | Bilingual E-Commerce / Warranty Rep | BAUER HOCKEY |

I thought the reply was ridiculous. They can't sell any replacement "parts" for their products?

I'm guessing they cannot, simply because they don't keep stock insoles around. And if they did, they'd package and sell them to retailers the way CCM does.That being said, a generic Bauer retail insole at the retail level wouldn't be the worst idea. That being said, these are pretty close replacements to stock;

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/elite-pro-insole.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiApb2bBhDYARIsAChHC9trdpY039W5yxFv70kx75V8ImMNlUBarf-1Z1z8uKPchZDh5qy1JwUaAno-EALw_wcB#978=116730&979=116811

4 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

I'm guessing they cannot, simply because they don't keep stock insoles around. And if they did, they'd package and sell them to retailers the way CCM does.That being said, a generic Bauer retail insole at the retail level wouldn't be the worst idea. That being said, these are pretty close replacements to stock;

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/elite-pro-insole.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiApb2bBhDYARIsAChHC9trdpY039W5yxFv70kx75V8ImMNlUBarf-1Z1z8uKPchZDh5qy1JwUaAno-EALw_wcB#978=116730&979=116811

I've heard great things about those, they're made by Currex and still produced just without  the CCM branding.