Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cove

Skate like the MX3

Been on a bit of a skate journey in the last few months. Scored a pair of AS3s in like June played 1 game they were a bit too tight at sz 8 and when I went to rebake they over heated them and I kind put them on like an ape and they literally crumpled under me. Think an accordion in the heel area. I bought another pair of sz 8s and they were even shorter and after 5 minutes on the ice I returned them. I picked up a fit 2 3X pro in 7.5 and Ive since sold them because I wasnt a fan. I was always a vapor fan but before the new fit system I couldnt fit into them. Now, Im a big guy. Im about 250lbs and fairly muscular but not ripped by any means. The 3x pro felt kind of mushy to me and soft. According to a guy at the store the footbed is 'soft' but the rest of the boot is on the stiffer side for Bauer atleast. 

The last skate I loved was my MX3s that I got when ever they came out when I was a younger man and also 190lbs. I loved those skates but took a long lay off and sold them in the middle period. Im likely going to grab a pair of the ASVs in the next few months as the current SMU tacks I have (gen 2) are just brutal on my feet and always caused me a bit of a problem. My feet have gotten wider over time (some supplement involved), so Im wondering if the wide would be the way to go.

Would that ASV give me a similar feel fit and stiffness wise to my ols MX3s? Would the current Supreme line be equally as stiff and firm? 

1 hour ago, Cove said:

Been on a bit of a skate journey in the last few months. Scored a pair of AS3s in like June played 1 game they were a bit too tight at sz 8 and when I went to rebake they over heated them and I kind put them on like an ape and they literally crumpled under me. Think an accordion in the heel area. I bought another pair of sz 8s and they were even shorter and after 5 minutes on the ice I returned them. I picked up a fit 2 3X pro in 7.5 and Ive since sold them because I wasnt a fan. I was always a vapor fan but before the new fit system I couldnt fit into them. Now, Im a big guy. Im about 250lbs and fairly muscular but not ripped by any means. The 3x pro felt kind of mushy to me and soft. According to a guy at the store the footbed is 'soft' but the rest of the boot is on the stiffer side for Bauer atleast. 

The last skate I loved was my MX3s that I got when ever they came out when I was a younger man and also 190lbs. I loved those skates but took a long lay off and sold them in the middle period. Im likely going to grab a pair of the ASVs in the next few months as the current SMU tacks I have (gen 2) are just brutal on my feet and always caused me a bit of a problem. My feet have gotten wider over time (some supplement involved), so Im wondering if the wide would be the way to go.

Would that ASV give me a similar feel fit and stiffness wise to my ols MX3s? Would the current Supreme line be equally as stiff and firm? 

I've also been on a skate journey for the last few months and I also loved the MX3s.  They were extremely light, great heel lock, had nice boot stiffness and decent outsole stiffness and I loved the injection lacing eyelets.  It was literally like wearing a pair of sneakers on the ice they were so light, sleek and unbulky.  They only thing was they were not too durable as far as holding it's boot and outsole stiffness.   

In the last while I've tried the Supreme Machs, Vapor 3X Pros and Hyperlites. 

The Machs didn't quite fit the same for me in either fit 1 or 2 and I have a feeling the traditional eyelets they went back to made the skate snug up (or lack thereof) differently and less locked in for the duration of a skate/game.  They were super easy to skate on right off the bat though.  It felt like the supreme boot for the most part other than nagging lack of great snugness of fit.  I was able to be 90% right away with them and maybe even felt faster with the incredibly stiff uniwrap outsole.  However that same outsole felt a bit too stiff for ease of smaller area skating, agility, quickness.  That and the fit was a deal breaker for me so I got rid of them.  Some of my joints were a bit achy, the outsole was that stiff.  The rest of the boot on the other hand was a bit softer than I'd like 

The 3X pros fit very sloppy for me even in fit 1 and felt cheaply constructed like they would not last very long.  The boot had nice stiffness and the outsole was a bit soft.

The Hyperlites fit a bit too voluminous as well, moreso in the depth though.  It feel noticeably deeper than the MX3s and thus not as snug and secure a fit.  The boot is quite stiff but the outsole is pretty decent.  The front of it feels like a normal stiff outsole and the back half is softer and gives a bit.  For me, it really does give me that extra boost coming out of tight turns or quick lateral movements.  Edges feel quite good in these boots because of the boot stiffness and it's fairly light but kind of bulky relative to MX3.  I like some things about it but again i need to figure out the volume issue and it definitely feels different than a supreme.  I can't exactly pin point what I don't like that's different but I feel a bit different maybe as far as balance or pitch or something that makes me think about the boot a bit while I'm using them.  All the supremes, for some reason just feel natural to me. 

So as far as feel I think the top end supremes would definitely be most similar to MX3.  I think the outsole of the M5 Pros may be similar to MX3s.  The Machs are way stiffer in the outsole.  The boot, i think had gotten less stiff but probably not to soft.  The Machs were WAY heavier than MX3 but felt pretty durable.  I think the Vapor boots are most similar in stiffness to MX3 though and has the injection eyelets.  And again, for me, I did not like the traditional eyelets of the Supremes now.  It was a noticeable and nagging difference and definitely one reason I got rid of them.