Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

BS You Tube...reviews? Maybe?

I'm curious about the AS V twig, so I am searching YouTube and I come across a person who has vids that are about 3 minutes +/-.   I watched one.  It's basically some kid dry-land shooting in a store with a music backing track.  No commentary, no opinion, no insight...nuthin'!  Fine, whatever except this kid is sponsored by Hockey Supremacy!  WTF-in F🤯🤬?  Where do I sign up Mr. Hockey Supremacy cuz I can shoot circles around this kid, and I can do it on-ice.  Hell...I'm a guitarist...I cam make my own tracks.  How much must that be worth?  Seriously, what conceivable reason can HS have for sponsoring this?  Ok...rant over, and please...if I am missing something, pleeeeze tell me.

Happy Holiday everyone👍🏒🇨🇦🥅😎!

Edited by Jbear

25 minutes ago, Jbear said:

Seriously, what conceivable reason can HS have for sponsoring this?

They aren’t selling to you, they are selling to teenagers who will throw a tantrum unless their parents buy them the newest sticks. And hockey parents who think their kid will make the nhl if they just spend enough money on sticks. 

I get it but...I don't even see how that would convince a kid to try one,  so why is HS sponsoring? That is the rub.  There's plenty of idiotic YouTube vids...so...I get that.

And Mark...I get your point as well  but (at the risk of getting "deep")...maybe if more people would reduce their tacit tolerance for stupidity, we might not have the current high levels of same.  New doesn't equal good...old doesn't equal bad.  People need to actually think about stuff on a case-by-case basis.  Thinking...period...not a societal strength at present🤣.

Edited by Jbear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbear said:

I get it but...I don't even see how that would convince a kid to try one,  so why is HS sponsoring? That is the rub.  There's plenty of idiotic YouTube vids...so...I get that.

And Mark...I get your point as well  but (at the risk of getting "deep")...maybe if more people would reduce their tacit tolerance for stupidity, we might not have the current high levels of same.  New doesn't equal good...old doesn't equal bad.  People need to actually think about stuff on a case-by-case basis.  Thinking...period...not a societal strength at present🤣.

That's the business now. True pays Pavel BOREber to skate around midget c players. Bauer pays nasher to skate on his ankles, OTB trying too hard to be funny wearing bauer, zach smell bouncing around an orange ball, and paying cat von cage in his fake league to like bauer goalie stuff. CCM promotes coach jeremy giving crappy tips.

Easier to use views for promotion nowadays than getting pros to promote your stuff.

3 hours ago, Westside said:

Most kids today aspire to be a ‘youtuber’! Not a lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc. Just a pretty much worthless influencer. Given the potential opportunity for money I get it, but it’s a sad state for our future 

https://thesmallbusinessblog.net/why-do-children-want-to-become-youtubers-when-they-grow-up/#Key_Stats

I get where you’re coming from, but in a financial sense, influencers already generate a lot of value and it looks to some in the industry that they’re the next frontier of value creation:

@Jbear maybe the Hockey Supremacy sponsorship is just nepotism. That would be my first guess.

Edited by flip12

17 hours ago, Jbear said:

Seriously, what conceivable reason can HS have for sponsoring this?  Ok...rant over, and please...if I am missing something, pleeeeze tell me.

Influencers are our generations commercials and Kay-Bee Toys Catalogs i guess, whether we like it, understand it or not.

We're part of a dying breed, Hapsburg. Like people who can name all 50 States.

• Like 1

Man...I'm sad, but...it's comforting at least to know that others have the same perception.  Still...I'm gonna keep raging against the machine 😤.  I teach middle school, so at least I can point out the ridiculousness of the world😖.  If one kid hears it...that's one fewer a-hole in the world 👍😎🤣

Hockey Supremacy had a post on their socials a while back where they were looking for "ambassadors" that would post about gear for them with associated discount codes and they would send the gear to them. A bunch of people applied to it (I did myself) and the person who is doing those videos won. I am pretty sure they have a pretty big following on TikTok and Instagram. I am not a fan of that style of content so don't follow those people but it is basically ads for the store and the target audience is the quick form social content.

• Like 1