Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
FunkyMonk

Old Time Easton S12

Hi Gang —

I used to love this forum years back but it’s been 10 years and not sure how active it still is. 

About that time I was skating in some Easton S12s, after a bunch of Grafs and Vapors and stuff. Long story short my kids are starting to skate and I went into the bag and saw the S12s are rusted and basically junk. I need some new wheels and I’m lost, and now surprised to see Bauer bought Easton like 7 years ago (lol)

I don’t want to drop $750 on new skates to do open skates, and doubt I’ll play in more than a handful of men’s league games. Definitely will buy something used somewhere but what’s up with the Vapors vs Supremes and everything else these days? Any common knowledge I missed that Easton 2012 skates now are closest to ______ skates?

Figured it was worth an ask! Thanks!

Skates have changed so much in this time. You’re better off just trying on a bunch of skates and seeing how things feel. 

And, try googling “Easton s12 skates modsquad,” and you can find old threads discussing them and what other people moved into. 

i know those are both kind of non-answers, but I don’t think you’ll get answer like “s12s feel exactly like xyz.”

I second going to a shop and with a few hours to kill and just try everything on. Your feet have likely changed as well over the years. Don't get wrapped up in brands, just see what feels best and go from there.