Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jake95

Advice on Shim/Pitch

Hi all, 

First Post here so pardon me.

I recently got a Supreme Mach skates and I am having trouble with the Pitch? of the skate. Leisurely and slower gameplay, I can consciously adjust, however once I start to play at my level or higher, I fall on the ice countless amount of times and its also harder to do things I usually able to with my vapor 1x skates.

I have always worn vapors (XXXX & 1x) and a short period of time a supreme skates that was loaned to me

Others that got the Mach in my country also noticed that the Machs felt flatter and more leaned back than their older supremes.

So I need an advice and help to get a shim suitable to fix the pitch issue

I understand a lot are suggesting a profile to try it out, however I am in an Asia country with no access to profiling multiple times to try it out. Therefore I would require a more permanent solution which is shimming the skates.

Thank you in advance and sorry if this post should not be posted here

Regards

Jake

I have made my own shims using a sheet of 3mm HDPE I got on Amazon and a dremel tool. 
I used the heel of the holder as a template and cut it out. They don’t end up with as clean a edge but work as well as the other stamped shims I have.

I have also tried pro sharp profiling but in my personal experience  I haven’t found a profile I like and it has been expensive trying profiles. Everything has been too flat, (quads and duals). I ended up going back to a single 11’ with the heel shim.

I have my own riveter so I can reattach my holders and the shims give me close to the forward pitch I’m looking for but not exactly what I want.

there was a guy selling 3d printed shims online and on SidelineSwap I think they were called skate crowns but I can’t find the Website now.

edit:

found it.

https://crownredesign.com/

Edited by sturdy22
Clarification

Are Superfeet Carbons available where you are located? I find they pitch you forward a little bit and may help alleviate your problem. 

Edited by BruinDust

Thank you sturdy for the website for the shims! The 3mm seems to be what I am looking for!

@Bruindust, unfortunately I have to order from Europe and have it sent here. I'm currently on bauer speed plates. I will try and have a look and hopefully it helps too. 

Thank you!

23 hours ago, skatedoktor said:

just have your blades profiled and pitched forward to your liking

He does not have access to a shop that can do that for him which is why he's looking for alternatives, such a s shims.

On 11/30/2022 at 11:01 AM, sturdy22 said:

I have made my own shims using a sheet of 3mm HDPE I got on Amazon and a dremel tool. 
I used the heel of the holder as a template and cut it out. They don’t end up with as clean a edge but work as well as the other stamped shims I have.

I have also tried pro sharp profiling but in my personal experience  I haven’t found a profile I like and it has been expensive trying profiles. Everything has been too flat, (quads and duals). I ended up going back to a single 11’ with the heel shim.

I have my own riveter so I can reattach my holders and the shims give me close to the forward pitch I’m looking for but not exactly what I want.

there was a guy selling 3d printed shims online and on SidelineSwap I think they were called skate crowns but I can’t find the Website now.

edit:

found it.

https://crownredesign.com/

May I ask were you also doing the shim on a supreme skates to get vapor like forward pitch? 

I have a friend that can bring it to Japan to help me add a shim. I'm thinking if 5mm of shim height will be too much or just right since 3mm for you was not enough? 

Thank you!

7 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

He does not have access to a shop that can do that for him which is why he's looking for alternatives, such a s shims.

Yea, like he mentioned, I am in a small tropical country that has very limited hockey support here

Thank you though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jake95 said:

May I ask were you also doing the shim on a supreme skates to get vapor like forward pitch? 

I have a friend that can bring it to Japan to help me add a shim. I'm thinking if 5mm of shim height will be too much or just right since 3mm for you was not enough? 

Thank you!

Yea, like he mentioned, I am in a small tropical country that has very limited hockey support here

Thank you though!

Yes I use the 3mm shim on supremes but I am also using steel with a forward pitch, 3mm is all I have ever used. But a 5mm shim on a supreme with stock steel might work.