Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
xmyclevernamex

CCM Ribcor 100k Skates

I recently purchased a new pair of Ribcor 100k skates, I am coming from 70k.  The 70ks were the first CCM skates I purchased and for me they've been the most comfortable skate I've ever owned, zero break in time required.  Only replacing because of a fluke tear in the skate.  Was hoping the 100ks would be of similar comfort with obviously a bit stiffer feel, however one of my ankles feels like the bone is about to be crushed, to the extend I have to alter how I've tied skates for my entire life and make them extremely lose, which then leads to other problems.

Does anyone know if the 90k, or the "platinum" (upgraded 88k) skate offer more padding/a similar fit and comfort level of the 70ks, looking at pictures online make it look plausible.  Going to a shop and trying them on is not an option as nowhere in a 4hr radius carry them.  Thankfully CCM has their 90day policy, but I would like to try avoiding buying multiple skates and sending them back.

Thanks for any assistance. 

Welcome to the world of modern skates where stiff and "performance" is looked at over comfort for the manufacturers. 

U can try the other lower models as they are less stiff but really it's the materials. Just bc it's less stuff doesn't mean it'll conform and break in better. Not sure what materials the mid price point ones are but even the second from the top, in this case, 90k probably won't give you much relief if you have pressure points issues other than punching out. 

The good news is that ccm boots are extremely moldable. You can take a heat gun and carefully heat the area that's bothering you and use your fingers from the inside or another device to gently push the area out. Depends where the area is. If it's closer to the toecaps/ is the toecaps you might be out of luck/ will need to see if a pro shop can help you. 

If it's a width issue you may need to go up a fit. 

For me retails don't work bc whatever fit provides me a good heel lock generally is too narrow in the forefoot. So if that's the case for you too you might be out of luck/need to compromise. 

Have you tried to look for 70ks online? If I were you I'd try to look for some 80ks since they were closer to the 70k than any ribcore model out right now. The 80ks were on crazy clearance last year too. 

thanks for the input. 
Couldn’t find any 70k anywhere and could not find any new 80ks. I too was hoping for those at a great discount. Sideline swap and eBay Didn’t offer much in quality used ones either last time I looked. 

Even the latest Ribcor skates  outside of the 100k seem harder to come by especially in my size (8.5).  Heard rumors they may discontinue ribcor skates, but also heard they may be prepping for a new line next year, so who knows.  
thanks again 

4 hours ago, xmyclevernamex said:

thanks for the input. 
Couldn’t find any 70k anywhere and could not find any new 80ks. I too was hoping for those at a great discount. Sideline swap and eBay Didn’t offer much in quality used ones either last time I looked. 

Even the latest Ribcor skates  outside of the 100k seem harder to come by especially in my size (8.5).  Heard rumors they may discontinue ribcor skates, but also heard they may be prepping for a new line next year, so who knows.  
thanks again 

They're discontinuing it. Only going to be tacks and jetspeed. 

Here's what I found but Canadian

https://evolutionsportsexcellence.com/products/maxx-pro-ribcor-skates-sec-sr?variant=37240791204036&currency=CAD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm5ycBhCXARIsAPldzoWotM85Gtrgd0EjRinHdpJigP01rwO6-pVNKtuHVnPT1SJJAOSqU0AaAuPCEALw_wcB

Edited by Sniper9

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Has CCM officially announced that? We've heard lots of rumors but nothing yet from CCM.

I came from 70ks and now wear 100k pros. I too found the 70ks to be the most comfortable skate I have ever worn. The ankle padding was sublime...I have plates and screws on my ankle. It's always a problem area for me. Like the OP I found the 100ks ankle padding to not be up to par with the 70ks. I'd say bake them again and see if that helps. That worked for me but I was still a bit disappointed. 

Other than that. Keep yours eyes out for NOS 70K/80k's.

Edited by stick9

12 hours ago, stick9 said:

Has CCM officially announced that? We've heard lots of rumors but nothing yet from CCM.

somebody posted the 2023 ccm catalog that will soon be released and there are only jetspeeds and supertack skates in the catalog

here it is https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:edee4654-3144-4b16-9464-a8495a7588da

Edited by noupf