Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
walkerdb7

New Bauer Protective

Still literally rocking Jofa branded knee, elbow, and shin pads. They're in rough shape, I know they probably still have a colt following, haha

Long story short, I forgot a shin pad last night. Hit up the lost and found and got lucky with some Supreme MX3 shins that were only 2" too small, haha

Was blown away how better the integrated strapping feels, the Jofas have none, and how light I felt on the ice. Inspired me to upgrade.

two quick questions, can't really find these answers looking online...

1. Is Vapor or Supreme protective lighter?

2. Is Vapor or Supreme protective lower profile / less bulky?

18 minutes ago, CaptainCharisma said:

For current generation of Bauer releases, Vapor is the lighter and more lower profile compared to Supreme.  

That's sort of what I thought, but wanted to double check.

Saw an IW video of the US and 3S Pro. It said "close to the body fit" and had a Bauer marketing graphic. The fit explanation made me want to double check. 

Edited by walkerdb7

I’d go Jetspeed if you’re looking for something lighter with a good strapping system. CCM is where it’s at for protective - the current Bauer lines are overpriced junk. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, walkerdb7 said:

and I was missing the gold mine IW website has unavailably deep written break downs of the different models and what is where and how they're different. 

They also list the weight of each product.

For shins in particular... all the new stuff lacks big time in the protection aspect compared to the classic Jofa styled stuff, there's a reason so many pros still use the old school designs (that CCM still produces for them).  I had tried Vapors and Tacks shins as well as some other models but they all seriously lacked true padding particularly around the knee, it wasn't until I picked up a pair of pro stock RBK 8K's that I realized what I was missing.  I now have Jofa 5090's and CCM 19K Pros that I alternate between, both have the same removable padded liner design that offers way more protection than any newer retail shin guard. 

As far as straps, I never had them growing up so when I finally got a pair that had straps I never cared for them, they just got in the way, I'd often times just cut them off.  Straps will never replace tape.

I had an old pair of Easton shin pads finally give out. Replaced with the new Vapor 3X ones.

I love them. They aren't "slim" like some lines have gone, they should fit any leg shape. What they do have is less depth - the knee cap and shin guard protrude less from the leg. But they are insanely comfortable and the knee cap sort of floats separately from the shin guard, which provides great mobility. I've taken a couple of slap shots to the shin already and the protection is fine for beer league. Can't recommend them enough.