Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
penguinpelts

Hockey bags

Happy Holidays everyone. Have a quick question about hockey bags.

My trustee old, basic Bauer bag is finally splitting, and the zipper keeps coming off the track. Since I started searching for hockey bags, I'm getting all of the ads for Conway & Banks, and similar bags that look to have a lot of bells and whistles.

Does anyone actually have one of these? Are there other brands that you've found to be very durable? Are the C&B bags really just a bunch of a fluff or are they worth it? How about Pacific Rink?

Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you in advance.

I’ve been using a pacific rink varsity bag for the last 4 or 5 years. It’s held up great! I didn’t need all the bells and whistles of the player bag, and honestly found the dividers to be more of a pain to use. I sewed some PR skate sleeves into the varsity bag and it has been absolutely perfect for me 2v2EdYKs8x1YqB.jpg

Edited by Westside

I've never used the Conway & Banks but they seem way too overpriced for what they are to me.  I've heard that the JRZ bags are the best you can get, they're simple and built to last and I'm pretty sure they make most of the bags for the pros and higher levels of hockey (there was one other brand I've heard as well but can't think of it, both are made in North America though).  I picked up a Mix Hockey backpack style bag earlier this year and have been really happy so far since I like the backpack style, price wise they're not bad but only time will tell if it's really worth it.

The C&B look great but I haven't used one. I did have a Mammoth bag (I seem to recall I backed them on kickstarter?) and it was the best bag I've ever used. I just checked their website and they don't look even remotely as nice as they used to. What a shame.