Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Super tacks kickpoint

Does the super tacks kickpoint compare more to a nexus or supreme? I’ve seen people compare it to nexus as a mid kick but I’ve seen other people describe it as an aggressive high kick. I can’t shoot well in a game with a supreme but I can use both nexus and supreme whenever I’m just shooting around.

5 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

Does the super tacks kickpoint compare more to a nexus or supreme? I’ve seen people compare it to nexus as a mid kick but I’ve seen other people describe it as an aggressive high kick. I can’t shoot well in a game with a supreme but I can use both nexus and supreme whenever I’m just shooting around.

Probably best to stay away from it and go jetspeed if you're worried about the kick point being too high. To me the as4 pro shot similar to the 2n pro but maybe a bit more lag like the supreme 1s which is the last supreme I've used. Can't say about 2s or ultrasonic

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Probably best to stay away from it and go jetspeed if you're worried about the kick point being too high. To me the as4 pro shot similar to the 2n pro but maybe a bit more lag like the supreme 1s which is the last supreme I've used. Can't say about 2s or ultrasonic

Did the AS4 Pro change from the AS3 Pro? AS3 Pro was SOOOO easy to shot for a high kick, easier than Ultrasonic as well and that was a huge improvement over the 2S Pro.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Did the AS4 Pro change from the AS3 Pro? AS3 Pro was SOOOO easy to shot for a high kick, easier than Ultrasonic as well and that was a huge improvement over the 2S Pro.

Never used the as3 pro. Tbh I generally stay away form mid-high kick point sticks. I only wanted to try this out bc it was on clearance and read reviews that it was easy to load. I still couldn't get used to the lag during shots like you'd feel with mid to high kick points vs low kick. I expected this but the trade off of having a better slapper vs a low kick stick wasn't there for me either.  I still have a better slapshot with my jetspeed and trigger.   It could be because I got a 75 flex in the as4 pro and I shouldve upped it to 80 since it's a mid. 

So there wasn't even really a trade off for me so I ended up selling it. 

For me ultimately, the jetspeed is my preferred stick of the ccm family. Haven't used Bauer since the 2n pro and even though everyone loved that stick, I felt it didn't have enough pop for me even though the puck feel on it was the best ever. 

The AS3 Pro is definitely my favorite of the Tacks line.  I prefer the feel, balance, and release to that of the AS4 Pro. I definitely have found that my preferred flex is not consistent from model to model...even within a line. Example...an 80 AS3 Pro is perfect for me. Have to go to a 75 in the AS4 Pro. In low-kick, I go down to 65 or 70.  FT3 Pro...75 is perfect.  I'd suggest just close your eyes and feel the stick...go from there. Don't assume that because you don't like a stick in "your flex" that you don't like the stick. Unfortunately...it can be an expensive fact-finding expedition. 

On 1/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, JAY4114 said:

AS3/AS4 Pro kick point is between a traditional Nexus and Supreme. Higher than the Nexus but lower than the Supreme.

AS-V Pro is more similar to a Supreme Ultrasonic.