Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Ak21

Changing teams

What should I do? I Joined a team in my new town last season and we’re the last place team in a 6 team league. I e been asked by some friends on one of the better teams to come ply with them. I’m thinking I might have more fun playing with some guys who are more on my skill level. I’d feel like a dick abandoning my team but I want to be able to go out and make some plays and have some chemistry. I know it’s beer league and winning isn’t everything but being frustrated all the time isn’t much fun either. Not sure what to do

Howdy,

Guys around here move around on beer league teams sometimes.  As long as you aren't a dick about it, I would think you should be fine.  The fact that you have friends on that other team that you'd like to play with is a reason anyone would understand for wanting to change.

We do this to have fun.  If you're not having fun, change something.

Mark

Some of the players on your old team won't care and some will...you can't control that.  But no point to be disappointed playing, especially when you're paying to play.

Just switch teams and don't bad mouth or denigrate the other team.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:07 AM, Ak21 said:

What should I do? I Joined a team in my new town last season and we’re the last place team in a 6 team league. I e been asked by some friends on one of the better teams to come ply with them. I’m thinking I might have more fun playing with some guys who are more on my skill level. I’d feel like a dick abandoning my team but I want to be able to go out and make some plays and have some chemistry. I know it’s beer league and winning isn’t everything but being frustrated all the time isn’t much fun either. Not sure what to do

At the end of the day, it is your money so spend it as you see fit. Will it be somewhat awkward? Yes. Is there more to beer league? Believe it or not, yes.

Wanting to play with friends instead of randos seems like a plenty good enough reason to me, regardless of the standings or skill level of your current team.