Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
lennyboi

CCM XS Tongue - help!

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if there is a topic on this already - but I need some help in getting an explanation on these CCM XS Tongues. 
So I have a pair of Jetspeed FT4PRO skates and want flip out the stock tongue for a thicker one. I bought a pair of these CCM XS replacement tongues and find that the clips on the tongue (where it attaches to the boot) are way wider than the insert holes on the boot so it won’t fit …..is the distance between each insert hole not standard across CCM skates with this replaceable tongue feature?

Is there a specific XS tongue that will fit FT4PRO skates?

The only thing I think that might have happened is that you purchased the wrong size tongue for your skate size...

CCM TONGUE SIZE CHART

XS 1-3.5    S  4-5.5   M 6-7.5   L  8-9.5    XL 10-12.5

• Like 1

Yea I saw that sizing table and bought a large size as I wear 8.5 senior skates.  
it’s really weird and I don’t understand how wide these clips are …. It’s not even close! It like they were made for a different skate altogether….I’d upload some pix but don’t know how to on this….

18 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Yea I saw that sizing table and bought a large size as I wear 8.5 senior skates.  
it’s really weird and I don’t understand how wide these clips are …. It’s not even close! It like they were made for a different skate altogether….I’d upload some pix but don’t know how to on this….

you need to upload the photos on a hosting site and use the bbcode to share here.  

I have FT4 Pros and swapped the standard tongues for the XS ones without issue, the "posts" were tough to get through the holes (which is good since it keeps them in place better) but it didn't seem like anything else was out of whack.  Maybe JBP is onto something with the wrong size tongue but even then I'd imagine the spacing would be standard regardless of sizes (I would imagine some guys who like flop might opt for the larger tongue?).  For reference, I have a size 7.5 skate and got the medium XTRA tongue, I measured the posts and they're 1" apart center to center.

• Like 1

Thanks - yes very strange. I just returned the tongues. This is a mystery no one seems to know right now! It’s time for new skates anyway, so maybe good excuse to buy! 

7 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Thanks - yes very strange. I just returned the tongues. This is a mystery no one seems to know right now! It’s time for new skates anyway, so maybe good excuse to buy! 

You returned in store or online? You can always just remove the clip system off your old tongues and put them on a set of nash sniper tongue's 

13 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

You returned in store or online? You can always just remove the clip system off your old tongues and put them on a set of nash sniper tongue's 

Or drill new holes and use the new tongue...

Have 100k Pro skates here and did a tongue swap for the thicker ones and they fit perfectly.  Something is either up with the tongues you purchased or the toe cap.  Since the tongues come loose in a box, i wonder if the tongues in the box you were sent were packaged wrong or put into the incorrect box ( by ccm or a customer  ) 

• Like 1

Thanks everybody really appreciate the insights! So it turns out that these tongues are only specifically for the Tacks line of 2020. From 2021 onward they use the current tongues! 

1 hour ago, lennyboi said:

Thanks everybody really appreciate the insights! So it turns out that these tongues are only specifically for the Tacks line of 2020. From 2021 onward they use the current tongues! 

That's so weird they would have different dimensions. Maybe it was to enhance fit and they redesigned it slightly  since lots of people complained about how uncomfortable they were when they first came out. 

1 hour ago, lennyboi said:

Thats correct. The older Tacks model the holes were closer together and in the revised toe cap the holes are slightly wider. 

17 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Thats correct. The older Tacks model the holes were closer together and in the revised toe cap the holes are slightly wider. 

Older model being the AS line?  (AS1, AS3, etc)