Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
sweetblazer

Verbero/Prostocksticks questions

On 2/2/2023 at 9:12 AM, JCon said:

Does anyone have experience with PROs Third Line options? They are $109, 425g. I’ve used the Red Lines and really like them. I keep it pretty basic and use the McDavid curve (basically a lie 4 P92 with a smaller blade profile and a square-ish toe). Curious how the third line feels and how the flex feels and holds up. I’ve bought some lower level sticks with a lower flex and they feel like noodles compared to the higher end models.

I tried two and found the shooting to be very inconsistent. But otherwise the feel of the sticks was similar.

On 2/9/2023 at 10:09 PM, JCon said:

I actually just bought 2 since my last red line is getting pretty beat. They came today and I gotta say they feel really good for the price point. No chance you’re getting too many other sticks that feel like this at $110. I took a few shots in the garage but we will see how it fares at the rink and in some games/pickups.

Been using these now for about 2 months and they seem to be holding up well. Would be hard pressed to get the same quality for less than $200 elsewhere, in my opinion.

To answer the question above, the way the website sells these are: 70 flex is a super round low kick, like a vapor, and 77 is square shaft and mid kick, like a nexus. I got one of each, prefer the 70 low kick, both are my first experience using something lower than 85 flex and I am liking them so far, doubtful that I’ll go back to a stiffer flex. But I’m getting older and weaker, so…😅

On 4/15/2023 at 5:56 PM, JCon said:

Been using these now for about 2 months and they seem to be holding up well. Would be hard pressed to get the same quality for less than $200 elsewhere, in my opinion.

To answer the question above, the way the website sells these are: 70 flex is a super round low kick, like a vapor, and 77 is square shaft and mid kick, like a nexus. I got one of each, prefer the 70 low kick, both are my first experience using something lower than 85 flex and I am liking them so far, doubtful that I’ll go back to a stiffer flex. But I’m getting older and weaker, so…😅

JCon - How's the super round shape?  Does it feel smaller in your hands, similar to an intermediate? Or does the width feel like a senior, just with more rounded corners? Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, Karly14 said:

JCon - How's the super round shape?  Does it feel smaller in your hands, similar to an intermediate? Or does the width feel like a senior, just with more rounded corners? Thanks in advance!

It feels smaller in your hands and closer to an intermediate. I have a lot of problems using it because it is so small and can feel it moving around when trying to make plays so the stick is always ever so slightly off from where I want it to be.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hills said:

It feels smaller in your hands and closer to an intermediate. I have a lot of problems using it because it is so small and can feel it moving around when trying to make plays so the stick is always ever so slightly off from where I want it to be.

Thanks, Hills. Appreciate you sharing your experience. That's exactly what I was worried about it.  Too bad, a wider, but still quite round shaft would be fun to try.   Looks like I'm sticking with the 77 flex/85 flex.  I've used the red line and the third lines.  they're both great sticks.  I agree that the third lines are the best bang for buck stick on the market.  Possibly ever for a OPS.

Hills nailed my experience with the super round also.  I have smaller hands and have experimented with intermediate sticks for awhile.  The 70 flex is great for me, but I do not like the shaft shape.  It feels squirrely in the hand and I tend to overgrip because of it.  it is the primary reason I am considering going for a full custom order and change to the round square shaft, but keep most of the rest of it the same.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karly14 said:

Thanks, Hills. Appreciate you sharing your experience. That's exactly what I was worried about it.  Too bad, a wider, but still quite round shaft would be fun to try.   Looks like I'm sticking with the 77 flex/85 flex.  I've used the red line and the third lines.  they're both great sticks.  I agree that the third lines are the best bang for buck stick on the market.  Possibly ever for a OPS.

Hey! I definitely think it all comes down to preference too. I wear a size 15” glove so my hands aren’t small and I prefer the way this one feels over most of the other sticks I have tried.  But I can totally see where Hills is coming from, muscle memory and feel is a big thing to adjust, I could see the stick shifting in the hands in a detrimental way just because there’s less to bite down on, so to speak. 

Not sure if they have a good return policy but might be worth getting one in your hands and sending it back if you don’t like it. Hope that helps! 

**Also: when I emailed them questions about the shaft design he said many people have the same type of complaints/issues, basically you either love it or hate it. 

Edited by JCon

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Hey! I definitely think it all comes down to preference too. I wear a size 15” glove so my hands aren’t small and I prefer the way this one feels over most of the other sticks I have tried.  But I can totally see where Hills is coming from, muscle memory and feel is a big thing to adjust, I could see the stick shifting in the hands in a detrimental way just because there’s less to bite down on, so to speak. 

Not sure if they have a good return policy but might be worth getting one in your hands and sending it back if you don’t like it. Hope that helps! 

**Also: when I emailed them questions about the shaft design he said many people have the same type of complaints/issues, basically you either love it or hate it. 

Yep.  I do like the way it gives pretty consistent surface to hand contact throughout.  But growing up a tennis player the "bite" of the edges of the stick I think is what I miss. Even though a more squared shaft creates some gaps between hand and grip, at least I know how my blade is oriented because I can feel the edges.  With the super round, for me, it is a lot harder to tell.  

Big fan of pro stock sticks. I have a bunch and just placed another full custom order. I also have quite a few curves in both the big brands and pshs version (nylander NXG and 2s pro, eichel, MacKinnon trigger/reckoner, Brayden point's coverts, Panarin jetspeed) and can say that the quality is definitely not worse, in some cases better on the pshs build. To each their own but I'm a big fan of the super round shaft, but I also used a trilage for like 3 years so you can't really trust me lol

After growing up using the Easton Cyclone graphite shafts and then a large stockpile of Pure Hockey's custom One95 tapered shafts (that were actually more rounded than the Vapor series), I came to enjoy using very rounded shafts. PRO's Super Round shaft option is definitely in the realm of intermediate shaft dimensions and the corner radius only increases that feel. I have a custom Redline with the super round shaft and measured it at 19.0 W x 29.9 H, which makes it taller, but much more narrow than CCM's F shaft. 

Has anyone had a chance to compare a Redline build to their G63 build?

Didn't have the best experience with ProStockHockey. Had a blade scanned for some custom sticks but when the sticks came they weren't the same. Back in the day I used to get a dozen wooden Gretzky blades from Easton every two years or so and the blade I sent was that pattern. I'm pretty pissy about my sticks so I know what I want and the scan that was done was exact (I kept the scan). Somewhere in between something went sideways: sticks showed up with a slightly different curve and different rocker. Plus when I was waiting I needed a stick and they just started offering the Datsyuk (which I had used and liked) so I ordered one. It was indicated that the scan would be a CCM Ultra Tacks Pro Stock which is what I wanted but the stick was different when it was delivered. Some back and forth emails and then it finally came out that it wasn't Datsyuk's Ultra Tacks he was using but the Ribcor, which are two different sticks.

I know a lot of people love this guy and his sticks and good on them but I found the experience greasy. He seems to be doing pretty well and I'm sure he could give a damn about my problem but I'm still out a ton of cash.