Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
swede

Bauer Int Shin guard width?

My 9 year old son need new shins. He has outgrown his 12” Vapor x2.9 in one season, and need 13” shins now..

He has been in Bauer Vapor shins since he started playing and would like to stay there. Problem is the Bauer shins in 13” are now int sizing, and my son is quite thin..

We tried on the Super tacks ASV jr a few months ago in size 13, but my son did not like the fit at all

Are the int sized Bauer shins much wider than the jr shins or are they similar? 

We have no store around stocking bauer shins, only CCM, so we are stuck to ordering online.

Thanks in advance.

While I can’t speak to the sizing part, if he’s thin then it’s not a surprise he didn’t like the Tacks shins; they’re the bulkiest CCM makes especially when compared to the Vapors he’s been using. Did you try any of the Jetspeed line? That would be a more apples to apples comparison. 

11 hours ago, swede said:

My 9 year old son need new shins. He has outgrown his 12” Vapor x2.9 in one season, and need 13” shins now..

He has been in Bauer Vapor shins since he started playing and would like to stay there. Problem is the Bauer shins in 13” are now int sizing, and my son is quite thin..

We tried on the Super tacks ASV jr a few months ago in size 13, but my son did not like the fit at all

We have no store around stocking bauer shins, only CCM, so we are stuck to ordering online.

Thanks in advance.

You can always warm up the shins and then use a C clamp to make them more narrow. I have done this for many players with smaller width shins. 

Nope, the sports store that we have in our city did only have tacks shins in stock, so we could not try on any jetspeed shins. 

8 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

You can always warm up the shins and then use a C clamp to make them more narrow. I have done this for many players with smaller width shins. 

Yes, it’s an option, IF the int Vapor shins are to wide 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:20 AM, swede said:

Thanks in advance.

Intermediate sizing is kind of like senior but short in length so they will be wide. I wear Bauer intermediate 13's because senior 14s are too long. I guess I would recommend getting the lower-end intermediate shin pads so there will be less padding/bulk/depth than the higher-end intermediate shin pads.

On 1/29/2023 at 2:02 PM, caveman27 said:

Intermediate sizing is kind of like senior but short in length so they will be wide. I wear Bauer intermediate 13's because senior 14s are too long. I guess I would recommend getting the lower-end intermediate shin pads so there will be less padding/bulk/depth than the higher-end intermediate shin pads.

Just to clarify, 13" and 14" Bauer shins are both intermediate sizes.