Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pgeorgan

New Supreme 1S Skates (not a sale)

5 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

New. 

So they were $650 new five years ago......... Id say $300-375 depending on how bad somebody wants them.

Edited by noupf

10 minutes ago, noupf said:

So they were $650 new five years ago......... Id say $300-375 depending on how bad somebody wants them.

Were they $650 when they came out? I thought closer to $900. 

I'd say $300 tops. If you ditched the old LS steel, and just sold the boot, maybe $275. 

Edited by pgeorgan

1 minute ago, pgeorgan said:

Were they $650 when they came out? 

hmmmmmm, i just I did a quick google search and pure hookcey had them for $649.99, but that might have been clearance price.  Other sites are showing closer to $949.99 new.  

Was there a 1s pro or was the 1s the top model skate?  If 1s was the top model skate, than it would have been closer to $950 new.

13 minutes ago, noupf said:

hmmmmmm, i just I did a quick google search and pure hookcey had them for $649.99, but that might have been clearance price.  Other sites are showing closer to $949.99 new.  

Was there a 1s pro or was the 1s the top model skate?  If 1s was the top model skate, than it would have been closer to $950 new.

There was no "pro" designation with the 1s. They added that for the 2s to confuse people lol. 

I should also add these would be considered intermediate in 2023. 

Retailers are always going to post inflated prices. I meant more like what is the fair value if they were on eBay or SLS, eg. 

Edited by pgeorgan

10 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

There was no "pro" designation with the 1s. They added that for the 2s to confuse people lol. 

I should also add these would be considered intermediate in 2023. 

Retailers are always going to post inflated prices. I meant more like what is the fair value if they were on eBay or SLS, eg. 

They all have to post the same full original retail price as per their MAP pricing agreements with the manufacturer, Since the 1s was top model, $949.99 new for senior skates in 2017 is what i found.  Intermediates were maybe $150 less or so new, so $750 or so.  I'd say $300-400 for new old stock than if I were interested them from SLS or ebay

Edited by noupf

6 minutes ago, noupf said:

They all have to post the same full original retail price as per their MAP pricing agreements with the manufacturer, Since the 1s was top model, $949.99 new for senior skates in 2017 is what i found.  Intermediates were maybe $150 less or so new, so $750 or so.  I'd say $300-400 for new old stock than if I were interested them. 

Right. They have been that price for years now, though. So ignoring MSRP/MAP pricing, I think $300 tops is fair if you *really* want them.

Thing is, I don't see that anyone wants them because they're just sitting there at the top range of that price already and have been for some time.

I had a theory I was going to test out but I don't care for them so badly that I'd be willing to pay some sort of "rarity" premium.  

Edited by pgeorgan

1 minute ago, pgeorgan said:

Right. They have been that price for years now, though. So ignoring MSRP/MAP pricing, I think $300 tops is fair if you *really* want them.

Thing is, I don't see that anyone wants them because they're just sitting there at the top range of that price already and have been for some time.

I had a theory I was going to test out but I don't care for them so badly that I'd be willing to pay some sort of "rarity" premium.  

yup, selling price depends on how bad somebody wants them.  Make an off if its too high.  Worst they can say is no.  Just don't low ball them

1 minute ago, noupf said:

yup, selling price depends on how bad somebody wants them.  Make an off if its too high.  Worst they can say is no.  Just don't low ball them

I made a generous starting offer and it was outright rejected. I lost interest at that point lol. 

Regarding how badly anyone wants them, all I can conclude is nobody wants them because they're over 5 years old and still unsold. 

Edited by pgeorgan

You can filter sidelineswap to show Sold New 1S skates and the price they were listed at.  Problem is, it does not show the date at which they were sold nor the final negotiated price.  Based on what I saw, the last new pair of 1S skates that sold were listed at $375.  

Edited by CaptainCharisma

11 minutes ago, CaptainCharisma said:

You can filter sidelineswap to show Sold New 1S skates and the price they were listed at.  Problem is, it does not show the date at which they were sold or the final negotiated price.  Based on what I saw, the last new pair of 1S skates that sold were listed at $375.  

Ya the algorithm is not all that great. It also does not mention when it was actually sold. 

Easiest option is to click on "have one to sell?" and scroll down to the suggested sale price for a quick proxy. 

"Typically sells for ($375) ($350 - $400)"

So by way of example, this person is valuing it 12.5% more than what SLS is saying is the absolute maximum. 

Edited by pgeorgan

There is no absolute maximum, in the sense that it is worth what someone is willing to pay for them or what someone is willing to sell them for. If the seller wants no less than $400 & is willing to sit on them or keep them if he gets less, that's their perogative. Half of retail for a top end skate is not too far fetched...

16 hours ago, Gswift said:

There is no absolute maximum, in the sense that it is worth what someone is willing to pay for them or what someone is willing to sell them for. If the seller wants no less than $400 & is willing to sit on them or keep them if he gets less, that's their perogative. Half of retail for a top end skate is not too far fetched...

The maximum SLS is saying anyone has actually paid for the item, per their stats. They do a ton of volume. 

The skates were $950 USD MAP for 6-12. $650 USD MAP for 3-5.5

Markdown went up to 40% and then they went off MAP

The speed plates in them were trash, they will crack. 

The tongue material with 37.5 will SMELL BAD after a couple dozen good skates in them.

Beyond that, IMO they're nicer then the current one below top-end (M5 Pro) right now. LS4 steel should be on them. 

$500 is fair price IMO, anything below that is robbery.

3 hours ago, raganblink said:

$500 is fair price IMO, anything below that is robbery.

Yikes, that's being generous. 

I'm primarily interested in them because as far as I can tell, they actually present the possibility of less negative space than any current Bauer skate since the new fit system was introduced. I've said as much in prior posts, but I have the 1S goalie skate already, and even that skate has so much less boot volume than what Bauer offers these days for the player skate options. 

There are a couple new pairs in my size floating around that seem compelling for the right price. 

Edited by pgeorgan

2 hours ago, raganblink said:

Like it is a steal to pick them up below $500. If I had them, in my shop I'd have them at half off right now...

Nothing that is said here will make him understand...he came here for justification of his lower offer & is mad that the seller wants about $460 for them...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, raganblink said:

Like it is a steal to pick them up below $500. If I had them, in my shop I'd have them at half off right now...

I'm not sure I'm following. No I don't think $500 is a steal. Not even the seller does lol. 

Edited by pgeorgan

2 hours ago, Gswift said:

Nothing that is said here will make him understand...he came here for justification of his lower offer & is mad that the seller wants about $460 for them...

We found the seller!

• Like 1