Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sniper9

Version 2 Ft3 pro stick?

Were there two versions of the ft3 pro sticks made?  I ask because I have two that have slight differences. Both are retail versions and we're purchased from reputable hockey stores so I know they aren't fake and not prostock. Both also weigh and feel the same. 

I know both are authentic as they shoot and feel identical. And other than the pictures shown below, the graphics are identical and located in the exact same location on the sticks. 

The one on the right was purchased around 2020 and the one on the left was purchased recently. I'm assuming maybe ccm changed it up to increase durability from the first version that seemed to break frequently?

1) Sigmatex logo with and without a black outline. 

A2GykK7.jpeg

2) back of the blade with and without checkered carbon. You can also see that there's no distinct ridge where the shaft meets the blade for the one on the left vs the one on the right. Every ccm stick I've seen since the trigger 4 pro has this ridge. 

vxoYRg4.jpeg

3) squared off vs rounded corners on the hosel. Also color of Canada logo is different. 

jzQXFmm.jpeg

4) colour of the jetspeed plate is different

Ajhxlb2.jpeg

Edited by Sniper9

An pics of the name bar?  My first guess was one is a Team stick one one a retail but if you're saying you got them both at retail that wouldn't make sense (the FT3 Team ones were only pro stock, not like the newer "team" models sold at retail, but then again the FT3 Team stocks all said Team on them as well).  The rounded C shaft shape is an option for custom sticks as is the blade texture, which is why I was thinking one might not be a standard retail model.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

An pics of the name bar?  My first guess was one is a Team stick one one a retail but if you're saying you got them both at retail that wouldn't make sense (the FT3 Team ones were only pro stock, not like the newer "team" models sold at retail, but then again the FT3 Team stocks all said Team on them as well).  The rounded C shaft shape is an option for custom sticks as is the blade texture, which is why I was thinking one might not be a standard retail model.

The texture on the blade itself is the same. It has the gritty retail texture. The only difference is that the backhand of the newer stick has the checkered carbon. 

Regarding the square corners, it's only squared off at the lower hosel where the blade meets the shaft. Both shafts itself are rounded and identical. 

The name bar is the same as well, just stamped p28 x flex. 

Graphics are all the same too. It's def not a team stick as it's sub 400 grams.

As mentioned in my original post I'm assuming this was a slightly beefed up version since there were reports of breakage when this stick was first released.  Hopefully someone can confirm and chime in.