Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

What is your overall "go to" brand for skates, sticks and protective?

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

True doesn’t have protective anymore.

What if you don’t have a default brand for any of the categories?

Will also echo the I don’t have a go to brand for anything sentiment. Which is different than “other,” because other implies “my go to brand is XXX but not listed.”

• Like 1

I’m not sponsored by any company so I don’t have a go-to. Wore Bauer skates for a decade+ before moving to Trues. Had a mix of CCM and Bauer skates growing up. Also used CCM, Bauer, and Easton gloves growing up then added Warrior into that mix when the QRL came out. Have a mix of CCM and Bauer protective. Sticks are all over the place; CCM, Bauer, Warrior, Easton, PSHS

Howdy,

I wish there was a specific category for gloves, because I'm all about Warrior gloves, but like CCM for other protective.

For sticks, some of it is curve driven.  CCM gets the nod from me there right now, but I've been equally all about True and Warrior both in my short time playing.

Mark

CCM for sticks, gloves and protective.  Bauer for helmet.     

I'm still rocking Easton Mako IIs for skates.  If those fall apart, I have a pair of CCM supertacks for backup.    

Edited by CaptainCharisma

Ccm sticks def ahead of most in terms of durability and performance. I just wish their curves were real Bauer clones. Their p28 is good but I really like true and Bauer's p28 versions 

5 hours ago, start_today said:

Will also echo the I don’t have a go to brand for anything sentiment. Which is different than “other,” because other implies “my go to brand is XXX but not listed.”

Ok, maybe I should update this. When I say “overall” I mean what is most of your gear, not every single individual item.

For example, most of my gear is CCM, but I do use a Warrior girdle. I think a majority of players will have at least one item that is not the same brand as others, but I was looking for what the general majority is. 

Hope that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Ccm sticks def ahead of most in terms of durability and performance. I just wish their curves were real Bauer clones. Their p28 is good but I really like true and Bauer's p28 versions 

That’s interesting. I think of TC4 as the odd one out of the bunch.

41 minutes ago, flip12 said:

That’s interesting. I think of TC4 as the odd one out of the bunch.

Ccm def have their own takes on the retail curves. You can tell especially when taping the blade. Doesn't lay the same. Tc4 may be different as well but for my personal preference I prefer true and Bauers version better. It's obviously not a big enough difference for me to force myself to use Bauer or true as I'm pretty happy with ccm right now. I'd give true another shot if they got their act together with blade durability 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

CCM's elbow and shin guard is more accommodating for bigger arms and calve(mine anyways, love the stretchy straps). Bauer tend to be a little short, stock vs stock speaking. Of the big names CCM is more considerate with the placement of plastic armor and/or foam, big fan of their JDP stuff.

The recent Vapor Fit 3 in the flex comp I cant say enough good things about them. 

I'm biased toward CCM cause the few times I've had interactions with their customer service, they have always been top notch and very helpful/accommodating.

Everything I have is CCM, except True skates.  However, when these Trues are up, I think I may go to CCM customs...though I've been very happy with my Trues.

I'm all over the place except for sticks. I now use Bauer sticks because I use junior 50 flex, and they're the only ones whose dimensions are like the intermediates. I'll probably go with True skates when the time comes since my last two pairs were VH skates. I have CCM shins and elbows, Sherwood shoulders, Easton helmet with Bauer cage, Bauer gloves, 

Edited by Larry54

13 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Ccm def have their own takes on the retail curves. You can tell especially when taping the blade. Doesn't lay the same. Tc4 may be different as well but for my personal preference I prefer true and Bauers version better. It's obviously not a big enough difference for me to force myself to use Bauer or true as I'm pretty happy with ccm right now. I'd give true another shot if they got their act together with blade durability 

Anybody gotten an early look at True's new T27 curve (supposedly a P14 variant/clone)?

4 hours ago, jmaister said:

CCM's elbow and shin guard is more accommodating for bigger arms and calve(mine anyways, love the stretchy straps). Bauer tend to be a little short, stock vs stock speaking.

I have the Vapor 3x shin guards and they are fantastic. I typically don't like Bauer protective but they hit a home run with those. And I'm a bigger guy.

• Like 1

I'm a mutt, mix of many brands. Bauer shins, elbows, pro-stock pants. Cascade M11 helmet/cage, CCM shoulders, Warrior gloves. Sticks, CCM and Warrior. But I've always been a Bauer guy when it comes to skates.

6 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I'm biased toward CCM cause the few times I've had interactions with their customer service, they have always been top notch and very helpful/accommodating.

Everything I have is CCM, except True skates.  However, when these Trues are up, I think I may go to CCM customs...though I've been very happy with my Trues.

We're twins lol

• Like 1

For me:

- Elbows, Shins CCM (Jetspeed line) 

- Bauer Vapor line pants (1X Lite)

- Bauer reakt 150 bucket

- skates are 100% Bauer 

- gloves are the Bauer Vapor line (1X Lites) 

- stick is the Bauer Vapor line (Hyperlite) 

- shouldies are the classic sher-wood 5030’s … Great for beer leagues! 

I always used to be a Bauer skate guy but switched to CCM a few years ago and they fit my foot much better.

Sticks I flip flop between CCM and Warrior, if it was easier to find a P90TM in Warrior I'd prob use them more (I have one pro stock Jost Warrior with a P90TM and it's my favorite).

Protective I've tried a lot of stuff but for whatever reason CCM seems to be what I go with... I love their HG12 gloves, shin pads I've always been a Jofa style guy since I was a kid so pro stock CCM works for me.  I tried Vapor shoulders but they didn't sit right on me, currently using a modified Tacks with 20K caps (and had CL and RBZ before that).  Elbows I go between Tacks and Supreme UltraSonics, I can't make up my mind.  I wear a Super Tacks girdle and a 9K before that, I tried a couple Bauer ones but that wrap nonsense wasn't for me and they always felt underwhelming in the protection category.  CCM helmets I prefer because their oval models fit well and I hate the way Bauer helmets look (the all important mirror test lol).

Sticks is generally CCM. Other than a couple True pro stocks all I've used since 2017 is CCM sticks. 

Skates is Bauer. Been that way since a bad experience with CCM way back in 1995-96. 

Protective is all over the place, mostly CCM and Bauer (little bit of old Koho and STX sprinkled in) Can't say I've ever liked any Warrior or True protective I've tried on.