Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Westside

Anyone tried the new Warrior Alpha girdle?

I transitioned from HP45 pants to a Super Tacks girdle about 4 seasons ago. Never had complaints with pants, just wanted to try something different and it's easier to use shells with a girdle. Came across the Alpha girdle from Warrior and was curious if anyone had any feedback on it. Looks pretty similar to the QRE girdle with different spine protection.

For those of you that may have used Warrior girdles and Tacks girdles, do the Warriors run cooler due to all the perforated foams? That's the thing I seem to notice most with girdles vs pants; they run a lot hotter, likely because they're hugging the body.

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hockey-pants-alpha-girdle-sr.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA8t2eBhDeARIsAAVEga00AU7mfpGH3Aw0IYdeKV_L_aLxK6Yttz2ZYEkl3fLYxWFfLoyefEcaAnPWEALw_wcB

8 hours ago, Westside said:

I transitioned from HP45 pants to a Super Tacks girdle about 4 seasons ago. Never had complaints with pants, just wanted to try something different and it's easier to use shells with a girdle. Came across the Alpha girdle from Warrior and was curious if anyone had any feedback on it. Looks pretty similar to the QRE girdle with different spine protection.

For those of you that may have used Warrior girdles and Tacks girdles, do the Warriors run cooler due to all the perforated foams? That's the thing I seem to notice most with girdles vs pants; they run a lot hotter, likely because they're hugging the body.

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/warrior-hockey-pants-alpha-girdle-sr.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA8t2eBhDeARIsAAVEga00AU7mfpGH3Aw0IYdeKV_L_aLxK6Yttz2ZYEkl3fLYxWFfLoyefEcaAnPWEALw_wcB

I looked at it a while ago, during booking. It seemed similar to the QRE Girdle in a different color. The fit and everything else seemed the same. 

Edited by VegasHockey
  • Like 1

Skip them.

I've got lots of gear. 4 different brands and 6 different models of lowers, all pro stock, pants and girdles. Tried these on once, and they just don't rate. I felt totally naked, like I'd be  wearing ref or roller gear to play a game on ice. My Warrior Covert Pro pants are my favorite pants by far, so I was psyched to get these. Puh. I may not even bother to try them on again.

I've been a girdle guy since the Cooperall days. I still have them and if they fit I'd wear them in a heartbeat. Even my quirky Easton Synergy pro stock girdle works pretty well. My Reebok 9k girdle is brilliant. Like having total protection while wearing nothing. These Alphas feel like just the nothing part. I bought these from Pro Stock Hockey, who say that "If The Pros Don't Wear It, We Don't Sell It. I'm tellin yuh. They aint no pros wearing these. Oh, maybe for stick and puck drill days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tvuollo said:

Thanks for that opinion ^

I'm looking to try a girdle for the first time and seems like the Alpha is a one to skip.

I actually like the Alpha and depending on your level of play, it might be a good option. I have taken some nasty shots from NCAA D1/D3 and ACHA D1 players, and the girdle did fine with protection. Unless you are planning to eat shots often, the Warrior girdle would be fine. I like that they have a cup pocket in them so you can either wear two cups or not wear a cup in your jock and instead put the cup in the girdle. 

• Like 2

I got one last week off of SLS for cheap ($40) so I gave it a try. I found it to be protective but also super light. one thing I didn't like was that it's not a wrap style. I prefer my Bauer Total One but the Warrior Alpha is good too.

• Like 1