Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jmaister

Very thin footbed

Bought a pair of new old stock grafs...the ankle cushion is very good, but too good. I am finding I need to drop the footbed by couple of mm... Since these footbed came with are abit thick.

Is there a place to buy old Bauer/ccm footbed? Or ones that's thinner?

Edited by jmaister

4 hours ago, jmaister said:

Bought a pair of new old stock grafs...the ankle cushion is very good, but too good. I am finding I need to drop the footbed by couple of mm... Since these footbed came with are abit thick.

What size do you need? I have a ton of insoles. 

3 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

outside of finding someone who recently bought new and would part with the original footbeds, these may be the thinnest you'll find aftermarket

https://www.purehockey.com/product/elite-hockey-pro-hockey-skate-insoles/itm/28243-2/

Closer inspection says one of LHS has those. I will take a look. Thx a bunch.

2 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

What size do you need? I have a ton of insoles. 

I tried to message you, it would not send.

Anyway, I'm looking for size 9 insoles, like what came in the UltraSonics or similar.

12 hours ago, jmaister said:

What model and liner type? How much have you skated in them?

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

What model and liner type? How much have you skated in them?

735 pro. It's not for my foot type. But I heat gun the darn thing so it kinda works, and already sunk too much coins for this(since I always wanted a black leather look with cobra holder). But, if it could have a thinner footbed, it be perfect.

And because I have wonky feet. I adde the felt insert at the bottom, which raises the footbed abit. Hence the search for thin stuff.

Edited by jmaister
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmaister said:

735 pro. It's not for my foot type. But I made it work. But, if it could have a thinner footbed, it be perfect.

You try speedplates. The first generation (if you can find them). They are thin and mold to your feet. 

Alternatively if you don't require any arch or heel support you can just cut out a thin 1-2mm high density Eva foam. Stock footbeds essentially are just foam with no orthopedic support anyways. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

You try speedplates. The first generation (if you can find them). They are thin and mold to your feet. 

Alternatively if you don't require any arch or heel support you can just cut out a thin 1-2mm high density Eva foam. Stock footbeds essentially are just foam with no orthopedic support anyways. 

I'm Trying to find local shops that sell ultra high eva for cosolay, since they are stiffer. All local shops have is craft grade.... Which fold and wrinkles...

And Amazon doesn't specify which is ultra high

Edited by jmaister

47 minutes ago, jmaister said:

I'm Trying to find local shops that sell ultra high eva for cosolay, since they are stiffer. All local shops have is craft grade.... Which fold and wrinkles...

And Amazon doesn't specify which is ultra high

I've seen ultra high on Amazon but I'm using amazon.ca. But not sure if you want like 200+ kg/m3 or if this 85 kg/3 is sufficient.

I haven't actually purchased this but I've favorited in the event I need it in the future. 

EVA Foam Cosplay - 1mm (1mm to 10mm) - Black or White - 14" x 39" Sheet - Ultra High Density 85 kg/m3 - by The Foamory https://a.co/d/5suEHSx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I've seen ultra high on Amazon but I'm using amazon.ca. But not sure if you want like 200+ kg/m3 or if this 85 kg/3 is sufficient.

I haven't actually purchased this but I've favorited in the event I need it in the future. 

EVA Foam Cosplay - 1mm (1mm to 10mm) - Black or White - 14" x 39" Sheet - Ultra High Density 85 kg/m3 - by The Foamory https://a.co/d/5suEHSx

that will work! i will take a look.

3 hours ago, jmaister said:

735 pro. It's not for my foot type. But I heat gun the darn thing so it kinda works, and already sunk too much coins for this(since I always wanted a black leather look with cobra holder). But, if it could have a thinner footbed, it be perfect.

And because I have wonky feet. I adde the felt insert at the bottom, which raises the footbed abit. Hence the search for thin stuff.

What is your foot type? What’s wonky about your feet? I didn’t see you added felt. Where did you add it and what for?

A lot of questions, I know…

I’m a Graf nerd of sorts, have a collection of 701, 501, 707 and 703 all in size 10 (gave up on G35x because their Graf-CA build and design quality was dreadful). Where this might be relevant to you: I’ve been on the fence with my 703s because they’re much more snug than the others and the heel padding felt too low the first time out…like they were causing the skates to tip side to side like crazy. After giving them a couple more chances I’m wondering if they’re not actually going to fit perfectly after a few more hours of ice. Right now they have less than 5 hours on them. The heel padding feels amazing now, my big toes are just about 1mm too jammed…

All that to say, if that heel padding isn’t lining up right it might only be a matter of time before it takes a set to your bone structure and the heel fit is right as it should be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

What is your foot type? What’s wonky about your feet? I didn’t see you added felt. Where did you add it and what for?

A lot of questions, I know…

I’m a Graf nerd of sorts, have a collection of 701, 501, 707 and 703 all in size 10 (gave up on G35x because their Graf-CA build and design quality was dreadful). Where this might be relevant to you: I’ve been on the fence with my 703s because they’re much more snug than the others and the heel padding felt too low the first time out…like they were causing the skates to tip side to side like crazy. After giving them a couple more chances I’m wondering if they’re not actually going to fit perfectly after a few more hours of ice. Right now they have less than 5 hours on them. The heel padding feels amazing now, my big toes are just about 1mm too jammed…

All that to say, if that heel padding isn’t lining up right it might only be a matter of time before it takes a set to your bone structure and the heel fit is right as it should be.

I have thought about that. Older skates takes real break in "efforts". Yes sir.

I (edited) "most definitely" should lose some weight too.. Thats another story.

My feet originally have very low arches, not unhealthy, just low. But after decades of misuse, they gotten severe flat.

So the felt roll 1/4" orthopedic purpose I bought serve as work around, since no amount of podiatrist and custom insole would help. They would help those with arches, I got none. Custom soles are too thick, won't fit. And then expensive.

Reason for this is, I find I am not activating my metatarsals... And from just reading articles, I think i have smaller heel than retail footlast, and centre of gravity is all messed up due to pronation. Heel lift in the right place is the start. Experimenting with felt is to mimic normal foot function(but in my case, normal is wrong, I have to mimic pronated function). Yes, will need to do exercise, but sometimes exercise will only close the gap but even then there is still some gap.

Bauer and ccm make their skates with ideal feet in mind. True make their skate with realistic foot in mind. Graf seem to make their slightly different. Their pitch is also to activate the metatarsal, but the angle is not for me. So I have to mod the footbed, and therefore this post.

I got them right with my smu vapor somewhat. Just working on the Grafs now.

*why felt pads. Because with rubber or plastic I don't have the tools, and space for chemical molding. But with felt pads, you can trim/tuff them with a electric clipper. I got a cheap pet clipper to do the shaping. I think i going to do this to all my shoes. The goal is to trim until it feels right.

Edited by jmaister