Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
RodneyPierce

Help identifying year/info on these Easton Ultra Lite Pro's

11 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Early 2000's, I believe they were one model below the UL Pro and Z-Air with the horrible black/green carbon fiber holder

https://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/downloads/easton2002.pdf

Some similar info there

Thank you!!!  He is in love with the things so I guess it doesn't really matter.  Haha.  I picked them up and was instantly impressed by how stiff they were.

Looks like they are bakeable as well.  That was my main question.  

Thanks again!  Pretty nice skates for 30.00!

Edited by RodneyPierce

A - they're probably noticeably heavier than current skates but if theres comfort, who cares

B - that parabolic steel was notorious for breakage, I'd keep my eyes on SLS or similar and have a backup pair sooner rather than later

C - LocTite the blade anchors so you dont lose one

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 11:40 AM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

A - they're probably noticeably heavier than current skates but if theres comfort, who cares

B - that parabolic steel was notorious for breakage, I'd keep my eyes on SLS or similar and have a backup pair sooner rather than later

They are a little heavy, but he said they are the most comfortable skates he has ever worn.

I'm on the extra set of blades.

First thing I did was loctite the bolts 🙂

Edited by RodneyPierce

On 2/12/2023 at 11:40 AM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

The holders say they are a 250mm holder.  The size charts say the holder should be a 246mm, but its clear as day stamped 250L and 250R.  They are size 5.5 skates.  Is it possible that they do indeed take a 246mm blade?

3 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

No, the size on the holder will indicate the size of the steel. 

There is quite literally zero literature or information showing a 250mm runner in Parabolic or Parabolic II steel.  Hence the confusion.  Lol