Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
swede

Length difference, Vapor 7.5EE vs Vapor 7 fit3

Hi guys!

I have these Bauer Vapor x3.7 skates in 7.5EE..

Fit is kinda ok, but since the skates was broken in i cant feel the toecap any more, and i have begun to notice slight lacebite signs on my ankle.

Iv’e found a shop in Sweden that has Vapor 3x skates on closeout. But the shop does not have any sz 7.5 left in stock. 

How much difference in lenght is there between Vapor 7.5EE vs Vapor 7 fit3? 

it feels like a EE Vapor is almost a half size bigger than the D width Vapor.

Before i bought the Vapor x3.7s i was in makos 7.5W. How will newer Vapors fit lenghtwise compared to them makos?

First, the EE Vapor may feel longer than the D Vapor simply because it's wider and isn't compressing the sides of your foot. When the side of your foot is compressed, it's elongated.

I wear 8EE Mako II skates, but when I demoed Bauer skates at Modsquad events, I wore 7.5EE. I also scan as a 7.5 Fit 3 on the Bauer 3D scanner. I know in the Mako thread some people used the same size as Bauer, but others, like me, went up a half size.

I also have a pair of True TF9 boots converted to inline and had to go down to 7W for those boots (the TF9 fits about a half size longer than Bauer and a full size longer than the Makos after baking and break in). Those are pretty similar to Makos, but are stiffer, have less flexible tendon guards and more volume in the toe cap. The new True Catalyst line has a more flexible tendon guard and a streamlined toecap; so, they're even more Makoesque. True adusted the sizing on those to better align with CCM and Bauer - so I believe I would need to go up to 7.5W with the Catalyst skates. 

In general, a half size is about a  4 to 5 mm difference in length. 

Edited by althoma1

5 hours ago, althoma1 said:

First, the EE Vapor may feel longer than the D Vapor simply because it's wider and isn't compressing the sides of your foot. When the side of your foot is compressed, it's elongated.

I wear 8EE Mako II skates, but when I demoed Bauer skates at Modsquad events, I wore 7.5EE. I also scan as a 7.5 Fit 3 on the Bauer 3D scanner. I know in the Mako thread some people used the same size as Bauer, but others, like me, went up a half size.

I also have a pair of True TF9 boots converted to inline and had to go down to 7W for those boots (the TF9 fits about a half size longer than Bauer and a full size longer than the Makos after baking and break in). Those are pretty similar to Makos, but are stiffer, have less flexible tendon guards and more volume in the toe cap. The new True Catalyst line has a more flexible tendon guard and a streamlined toecap; so, they're even more Makoesque. True adusted the sizing on those to better align with CCM and Bauer - so I believer I would need to go up to 7.5W with the Catalyst skates. 

In general, a half size is about a  4 to 5 mm difference in length. 

I actually think the EE vapors are longer. I also have a pair of Nexus N7000 in 7.5D.

none of the skates (vapors EE or Nexus) compresses my feet and fit nicely width wise but the Nexus skates fit much shorter than the vapors..

i should have changed the topic title to lenght difference between Mako W width and Vapor fit3..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede said:

I actually think the EE vapors are longer. I also have a pair of Nexus N7000 in 7.5D.

You are right, EE are longer than a similar sized D. A few years ago I came to this conclusion and set out to prove it. I hauled every Bauer skate (vapour, supreme and nexus) that was in stock off the shelf and measured the D boot to the EE boot. From sizes 6 thru to 12. the EE boot was around 2mm - 3mm longer than the D boot (I didn't compare across lines, just evaluated supreme to supreme etc). I measured the length of the stock insoles and used a modified caliper to measure the internal length of the boot. So unless Bauer changed their lasts prior to the fit system, an EE is longer than a D.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 1:43 PM, swede said:

none of the skates (vapors EE or Nexus) compresses my feet and fit nicely width wise but the Nexus skates fit much shorter than the vapors..

i should have changed the topic title to lenght difference between Mako W width and Vapor fit3..

Well, I know I fit a 8EE Mako/Mako II with my toes lightly brushing the end and the Bauer 3D scanner says I'd be a 7.5 Fit 3 in Bauer...so based on that, the Bauer Fit 3 may be about a half size longer than a EE Mako. 

That's interesting that the EE Bauers are actually a little longer. It seems that the company should keep the length the same and only change the width, but based on your experience and Vet88's actual measurements, it does seem that the EE Bauers were longer than their D counterparts in the same size at some point. It's hard to say if that's still the case. Nothing will beat trying them on of course. 

Yeah, i guess i have to order them and see if they fit or not..

The store that has the Vapor 3x, sz 7, fit3 offer free shipping on orders over 2000sek (~200$), and 1 free return, so i will not loose any money on shipping fees if they dont fit.. 

11 hours ago, swede said:

Yeah, i guess i have to order them and see if they fit or not..

The store that has the Vapor 3x, sz 7, fit3 offer free shipping on orders over 2000sek (~200$), and 1 free return, so i will not loose any money on shipping fees if they dont fit.. 

I currently have a size 7 Vapor 3x, Fit 2, and a size 6.5 Mach, Fit 3. They both use a size 7 footbed, and both are comfortable. The Mach feels more "plush" with the thicker padding than the Vapor 3x. The Mach has more volume obviously (allowing my feet to sit nice and comfortable in the boot sans extra pressure on the outside of my feet), but my toes are lightly brushing the cap in the Machs, and in the Vapors, they are more firm against the cap (with a bit of extra pressure on the outside of my feet). Guessing the more narrow Fit 2 of the Vapor is ever so slightly elongating my foot.

The Bauer scan has me at a 6.5 E to EE (a prior scan had me at 7 E to EE), but closer to EE than E. My previous skates were Vapor x500's, 7EE.

Hiya i am also interested in this topic.

Would it be safe to say 7.5ee is 8d length ?

Or almost 8d length? Since holder length is 272 from

7.5fit 3 to 8.5 fit 2

7.5ee to 8.5d

And is 8.5 essentially ee? Or same boot, prepunched to be wider?

17 hours ago, jmaister said:

Hiya i am also interested in this topic.

Would it be safe to say 7.5ee is 8d length ?

Or almost 8d length? Since holder length is 272 from

7.5fit 3 to 8.5 fit 2

7.5ee to 8.5d

And is 8.5 essentially ee? Or same boot, prepunched to be wider?

From what I've seen and read, EE would not only be wider than D but also about 1/4 size longer, so 7.5EE would be more like 7.75D length.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:09 AM, Larry54 said:

From what I've seen and read, EE would not only be wider than D but also about 1/4 size longer, so 7.5EE would be more like 7.75D length.

Correct

• Like 2

I have worn Bauer Vapor skates in size 7.5 EE for a long time. I recently purchased a pair of Bauer 3x Pro skates in size 7.5 fit 3  I like the skates, but they are making my bunion worse.  The skate rubs on one foot near the joint of the big toe.  I also tried a pair of Bauer Mach Skates on size 7.5 fit 3 thinking they would be better but they were too tight in the forefoot I have tried punching out the skate but it has not solved the issue.  The skate rubs my foot were the toe cap joins with the skate.  I was wondering if going up to a size 8 fit 3 would move the toe cap forward enough to stop the rubbing?  I swear Bauer has made the skates smaller with their new fit system  (not a fan)

2 hours ago, jeffg said:

I have worn Bauer Vapor skates in size 7.5 EE for a long time. I recently purchased a pair of Bauer 3x Pro skates in size 7.5 fit 3  I like the skates, but they are making my bunion worse.  The skate rubs on one foot near the joint of the big toe.  I also tried a pair of Bauer Mach Skates on size 7.5 fit 3 thinking they would be better but they were too tight in the forefoot I have tried punching out the skate but it has not solved the issue.  The skate rubs my foot were the toe cap joins with the skate.  I was wondering if going up to a size 8 fit 3 would move the toe cap forward enough to stop the rubbing?  I swear Bauer has made the skates smaller with their new fit system  (not a fan)

If you are spending that kind of money, just go custom and request an oversized toe cap.

4 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

If you are spending that kind of money, just go custom and request an oversized toe cap.

I looked at the My Bauer custom skate web site and that is still basically a stock skate. I have no issue with going a true Pro custom built skate, if I could find someone to fit me and order it from.  I don't live in area where hockey pro shops are close.  Can I get an oversized toe cap?