Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cove

Remove glove shot blocker

How easy / possible is removing the shot blockers from pro stock gloves? Found a pair of gloves I want but they have those big shot blockers on them and i loathe them and how they look. Want to know before I drop what feels like $10,000 CDN on them.

yea, as Monty said, pretty easy.  I've used a seam ripper and x-acto but the x-acto is actually the easier of the two since you're usually going in a tighter area and can just slice the stitch from the top with the x-acto.  Just kind of spread the rolls apart where the shot blocker is sewn in and examine before you start cutting, you can usually tell pretty easily what to cut and just go little by little (the outside attachment is usually easier since it's not hidden as much).

• Like 2

Just a question regarding removing the shot blockers via seam ripper. Is the stitching for the shot blockers additional stitching on top of the glove that's already been completed or is it a part of the entire assembly. I ask because I don't want to rip the seam and have other parts of the glove detach. 

If it matters I have pro stock ft1s with shot blockers made for the CHL team stock. 

10 hours ago, Monty22 said:

It's an overlay added to a completed glove. Seam rip away, it's attached with it's own stitching.

Thanks! Just did it. Super easy. Gloves feel much more flexible and look better too imo. 

Edited by Sniper9

9 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Thanks! Just did it. Super easy. Gloves feel much more flexible and look better too imo. 

And now you have supplemental pads you can add to shoulder pads, girdles , pants etc as needed.

31 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

And now you have supplemental pads you can add to shoulder pads, girdles , pants etc as needed.

Threw them out lol. I was thinking what I would use them for and couldn't think of anything so didn't wanna hoard more stuff.