Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Senderos

Bauer X3.7 upgrade?

Hey guys!

I am thinking of buying the Vapor X3.7, but have recently learned that a new line of Vapor skates (Hyperlite 2) etc. are coming out around July. I was looking at the catalogue and can't really notice a direct upgrade for the X3.7 from the current line. Is there going to be a new skate that is a direct upgrade to the X3.7, which will be on similar quality and price level? Something like the X3.7 is to the X2.7.

Thank you!

Looks like the X3 will be the new entry level and X4 one step up which would be the "new" X3.7.  Looks like they added some Curv composite and a different set of steel (Pulse SS vs LS1, I have no idea what the difference is as I'm a CCM guy).  The X4 does appear to be slotted in at the same level as the X3.7 was so I'd guess that's the newer version.

55 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Looks like the X3 will be the new entry level and X4 one step up which would be the "new" X3.7.  Looks like they added some Curv composite and a different set of steel (Pulse SS vs LS1, I have no idea what the difference is as I'm a CCM guy).  The X4 does appear to be slotted in at the same level as the X3.7 was so I'd guess that's the newer version.

Thanks for the reply! Hm, that makes sense. 
I`m a CCM guy myself when it comes to skates, but I do have an issue with my current Jetspeed FT370. I've tried out my friend's X3.7 and the issue wasn't there, hence I`d like to swap.

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Bauer skate lineup mirrors each other therefore X3 would be the same as the M3 making the X3 the replacement model for the X3.7. X4 is the equivalent model of the M4.

54 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Bauer skate lineup mirrors each other therefore X3 would be the same as the M3 making the X3 the replacement model for the X3.7. X4 is the equivalent model of the M4.

Gotcha.  I was just comparing level to level (2nd from entry level to 2nd from entry level) which I thought made sense but it seems Bauer doesn't always make sense to me lol, it seems harder and harder to understand all the nomenclature and lineage year after year. 

Do we have any idea about the prices of the new skates? I`m particularly looking at the new X3 and X4 over here. Just trying to figure out whether the new X3 will be pricier than the current X3.7.

21 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Feels like there’s a BMW joke or lawsuit embedded in this post. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guys, I've been searching the internet, but the information is confusing: what is the difference between Bauer 3X and X3.7? . Does it make sense for a beginner adult (3 years hockey experience total, I`m 34yrs old) to get the 3X vs the X3.7? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Senderos said:

Guys, I've been searching the internet, but the information is confusing: what is the difference between Bauer 3X and X3.7? . Does it make sense for a beginner adult (3 years hockey experience total, I`m 34yrs old) to get the 3X vs the X3.7? Thanks!

There's usually not much difference year to year. They change the model #'s and some graphics usually and some descriptions of materials, but honestly if you can get the older model on sale that's your best bet usually.  At your experience level chances are you won't notice any of the differences when actually using the skates... you'd probably have to jump up 2 levels in the skate lineup to feel a real difference since they usually get stiffer and lighter and have different ankle foams as they get more expensive.  As far as pricing on the yet to be released models, you'll just have to wait since they don't really announce that stuff too far in advance.

5 hours ago, Senderos said:

Size and weight of the player is something to consider in terms of skate model selection.  The X3.7 will break down much quicker than the 3X.  The 3X has a better quarter package (composite(, better tongue, and better steel.  The footbeds in both offer no support so with either one I recommend an aftermarket footbed.

Thanks very much for the reply guys! I've found a massive discount at a Swedish hockey store for the 3X, so I've ordered them (I`m from Hungary). It's crazy how much higher the prices are here in Hungary, compared to what they are offering in Swe 😄 . So, hopefully the 3X will be mooore than enough for 2+ years.

Thanks again for all the replies!