Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Monty22

Custom Team Jerseys

My men's league team is refreshing our uniforms over the summer. I've finally convinced them to switch to green Whalers unis. I've been tasked with obtaining some options and quotes.  Who's the go to vendor these days for custom jerseys? 

I've been on way too many teams that use Mens League Sweaters and can honestly say I hate them.  While they might look great, their sizing is out of whack, the body is good but sleeves will only fit if you don't wear elbow pads and have toothpick thin arms.  One team I sized up on the body so I don't have to wrestle the sleeves over my elbow pads as much and now the body just swims on me, can't win lol.  I also have a couple Tron jerseys from another team and they are not the greatest either, less quality that MLS but cheaper, good bargain choice I guess. 

The jerseys that MSH had for Summerfest last year were really nice, 5ivehole sports I think they were called, really nice quality and fit.  I'm trying to convince some of my teams to go with them next time they need jerseys.

• Like 1

5ivehole is the way to go. Great quality, great prices, great turnaround time, no minimums on re-orders, and supports a friend. What's not to like? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

5ivehole is the way to go. Great quality, great prices, great turnaround time, no minimums on re-orders, and supports a friend. What's not to like? 

Yup, 100%. Charlie and the crew at 5ivehole were excellent to work with. I highly recommend them.

I've also used TSR's team sales group. They do unis and swag for a lot of local HS and college teams. 

The other place I dealt with was homegrownsportinggoods.com. They were reasonably priced and had a decent variety of options. One downer there was they have minium order quantity of 10. Which is kind of a pain if you want or need to replace a jersey or two.

Overall, 5ivehole is the way to go.

Edited by stick9

Not to sound like this is an advertisement, but I’d also recommend 5ivehole. I gave Charlie a concept and he knocked the design out of the park, and the single re-orders works great. In the 4 years, only reorders I’ve had to do is new team members, not damaged jerseys. Got socks also, and they are very durable as well. The other teams on the league complement us on the jerseys, which is good, because we at least have something to be complemented on, as it’s definitely not our play!

Edited by Stewie

44 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Thanks boys, appreciate the input. Sent a couple emails.  

I recommend Lutch.  Best quality in my opinion 

20 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I've been on way too many teams that use Mens League Sweaters and can honestly say I hate them.  While they might look great, their sizing is out of whack, the body is good but sleeves will only fit if you don't wear elbow pads and have toothpick thin arms.  One team I sized up on the body so I don't have to wrestle the sleeves over my elbow pads as much and now the body just swims on me, can't win lol.  I also have a couple Tron jerseys from another team and they are not the greatest either, less quality that MLS but cheaper, good bargain choice I guess. 

The jerseys that MSH had for Summerfest last year were really nice, 5ivehole sports I think they were called, really nice quality and fit.  I'm trying to convince some of my teams to go with them next time they need jerseys.

Agreed. I typically wear a L in jerseys and it was next to impossible to get my arms through with elbow pads on. One of their reps saw my rant on Reddit about it and offered to send me an XL free of charge. Arms are slightly better, but like you said, the torso portion is like a bed sheet. Oh yeah, MLS socks suck too. (I use pro-stock socks regardless)

Edited by beedee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beedee said:

Agreed. I typically wear a L in jerseys and it was next to impossible to get my arms through with elbow pads on. One of their reps saw my rant on Reddit about it and offered to send me an XL free of charge. Arms are slightly better, but like you said, the torso portion is like a bed sheet. Oh yeah, MLS socks suck too. (I use pro-stock socks regardless)

They've done a great job with marketing and pricing which is why I'm guessing so many teams just seem to defer to them at this point.  Like I said, I'm hoping to sway any of my teams to 5ivehole for next time we need jerseys, hopefully I can convince them.

I’ve used MLS a number of times and overall like the quality, but the sleeve tightness does suck. As others have mentioned, sizing up fixes the arm problem but the body becomes massive. On a few jerseys I’ve sewn gussets into the sleeves to make them wider. 

Wish I knew about 5ivehole being a friend of MSH before our team rebranded last season. We ended up going through Bring Back Hockey which I believe uses the same factory as 5ivehole. Design-wise they knocked it out of the park!! Jerseys aren’t as tapered like MLS which is a bummer, but they have underarm vents like adidas jerseys and shoulder dimples which adds a bit of depth. Fabric material is good as well. Downside is sizing is inconsistent so pretty much everyone got a jersey that’s a bit too snug and the socks were massive. For re-orders players should be able to get sizing right but for now everyone is just dealing with it 

On 3/8/2023 at 5:05 AM, Monty22 said:

Thanks boys, appreciate the input. Sent a couple emails.  

Awesome, glad to hear it. Let Charlie know we sent you :) You will love 5ivehole :D 

Do any of these companies work with factories in america and/or places with verifiable labor & wage conditions? 

(not looking for a discussion on said issues, just asking about production locations)

MLS is made in China, my replacement jersey was straight from China. So was the box our Captain received with the order a couple seasons ago.

3 hours ago, start_today said:

Do any of these companies work with factories in america and/or places with verifiable labor & wage conditions? 

(not looking for a discussion on said issues, just asking about production locations)

I'm not sure where exactly 5ivehole has their stuff made, but their turnaround time is way faster than any other company I've ever worked with.