Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bl4

CCM Skate Warranty

It looks like CCM will stop offering the 90-day satisfaction guarantee after this month. I've never used the guarantee/warranty before.  I was hoping to try a couple of skates before the window closes, but I wanted to confirm the terms.  I realize that it says "no questions asked," but I also imagine that there are some limits or checks in place.  If I bought two pairs (ideally trying FT4 Pros and 100ks), am I right to think I could skate on both and then return one or both?  Or, does the policy generally only apply to one pair at a time?

Apologies if this has been covered before - I think it has, but I can't find the thread.  

Many thanks.

As I understand it, yes. Each pair is covered under the 90 day satisfaction guarantee. If you're buying multiple pairs. You may want to double check the wording of the guarantee to be safe. 

Also, I believe only the initial purchase is covered. If you exchange them the newer pair is NOT covered. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 6:53 PM, bl4 said:

It looks like CCM will stop offering the 90-day satisfaction guarantee after this month. I've never used the guarantee/warranty before.  I was hoping to try a couple of skates before the window closes, but I wanted to confirm the terms.  

I don't want to sound snarky, but that's probably one of the reasons that they are ending the program. I believe the spirit of the program was to give the buyer confidence in the quality and performance of the skates, not to try multiple skates for 90 days to see if you like them.

2 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

I don't want to sound snarky, but that's probably one of the reasons that they are ending the program. I believe the spirit of the program was to give the buyer confidence in the quality and performance of the skates, not to try multiple skates for 90 days to see if you like them.

Well to be fair, they would've / should've seen it coming. The fact this program has been running for essentially five years, I doubt they lost any money.  They probably are ending this program due to the fact that they now have gained a large number of people using their skates which was their goal to begin with. Bauer hasn't done this because they didn't need to as there will always be those loyal to Bauer. Ccm has made strides to gain a lot of customers and pro players using their skates.... And it doesnt hurt with mcdavid and other top NHL players now endorsing ccm. Wonder what Bauer is going to do. They definitely would've taken some loss over the years losing a lot of their sponsored players. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 6:53 PM, bl4 said:

It looks like CCM will stop offering the 90-day satisfaction guarantee after this month. I've never used the guarantee/warranty before.  I was hoping to try a couple of skates before the window closes, but I wanted to confirm the terms.  I realize that it says "no questions asked," but I also imagine that there are some limits or checks in place.  If I bought two pairs (ideally trying FT4 Pros and 100ks), am I right to think I could skate on both and then return one or both?  Or, does the policy generally only apply to one pair at a time?

Apologies if this has been covered before - I think it has, but I can't find the thread.  

Many thanks.

Bought multiple pairs of 100K pros and ASV Pro's 6 months ago.  Picked one of each that fit best, sent the rest back.  After a couple skates in each, picked the 100k Pro and sent back the used ASV Pro.  Bought some from CCM directly and some from Hockey Monkey and Icewarehouse.  Nobody gave me an issue on any of them.  Just hang on to receipts for purchase verification.  As I read it, you have 90 days to send them back regardless of reason.  There was a thread on here a few months ago regarding if something breaks on the skate within the warranty window ( different from the satisfaction guarantee window ) , they will treat it as a warranty and replace the skate and not let yoU straight up return it.  Maybe once you get the warrantied skate, then you can do a return, but i'm just guessing.  

Edited by noupf

9 hours ago, Beflar said:

You would think they could keep this for custom skates, given the price tag.

As somebody who used to work in retail with a large company that had a basically hassle free return policy for virtually anything we sold with no stated timeframe in which to ask for a return or refund, I'd like all manufacturers to have a 30 day window for fitment assurance.  Beyond that, I think people would take too much advantage of it, especially at 90 days.    Note:  that company i used to work for is now out of business......so......  

Edited by noupf

On 3/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, clarkiestooth said:

It was a little of both. Look like it was a good call on their part. I see way more players in CCM now than I did 3-5 years ago.

8 hours ago, Beflar said:

You would think they could keep this for custom skates, given the price tag.

That makes zero sense. You don't buy custom skates to "try" them and it's not like they can reuse/resell a custom skate.

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

It was a little of both. Look like it was a good call on their part. I see way more players in CCM now than I did 3-5 years ago.

That makes zero sense. You don't buy custom skates to "try" them and it's not like they can reuse/resell a custom skate.

Sure,

But if they screw up making them you should absolutely not be on the hook for it. If something in their process caused the custom skates to fit poorly, that is on them.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

I see way more players in CCM now than I did 3-5 years ago.

Are you talking at the retail level or NHL?  CCM has made a small percentage increase at the NHL level over the past couple of years while True seems ti hover consistently around the 10% number.  

34 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Are you talking at the retail level or NHL?  CCM has made a small percentage increase at the NHL level over the past couple of years while True seems ti hover consistently around the 10% number.  

Retail level. The ones I have talked to said it was mostly due to the 90 day guarantee. 

11 hours ago, noupf said:

Bought multiple pairs of 100K pros and ASV Pro's 6 months ago.  Picked one of each that fit best, sent the rest back.  After a couple skates in each, picked the 100k Pro and sent back the used ASV Pro.  Bought some from CCM directly and some from Hockey Monkey and Icewarehouse.  Nobody gave me an issue on any of them.  Just hang on to receipts for purchase verification.  As I read it, you have 90 days to send them back regardless of reason.  There was a thread on here a few months ago regarding if something breaks on the skate within the warranty window ( different from the satisfaction guarantee window ) , they will treat it as a warranty and replace the skate and not let yoU straight up return it.  Maybe once you get the warrantied skate, then you can do a return, but i'm just guessing.  

While I agree with your process from a personal perspective, as a business owner, you are the exact reason why CCM and others are slowly ending their “fit guarantee" programs. 

43 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

While I agree with your process from a personal perspective, as a business owner, you are the exact reason why CCM and others are slowly ending their “fit guarantee" programs. 

Understand that while i did purchase multiple pairs, 4 of each ( 8 total ), 6 pairs were sent back brand new after i tried them on at home and realized they did not fit properly.  I only kept the best fitting one of the 100k pro and the ASV.  Skated in each one maybe 3-4 times before settling on the 100k pro.  So CCM is only out the one used pair.   I'd like to think i utilized their 90 day guarantee to the minimal amount possible.  CCM now has a new customer who would likely have never considered their skates if they didnt offer a fitment guarentee, and they very likely have a customer who is going to purchase them again in the future, assuming the skates hold up well.  So far, I absolutely love the 100k Pro's and cant find a single thing to complain about.

As for them ending the guarantee program, maybe it should have had some stated stipulations in order to avoid abuse......unless the program netted them exactly what they wanted ( more customers to their skate line ).  As someone who used to work for a retail company that took back any product we sold, for virtually any reason, for literally any time frame.......some sort of stipulations to avoid abuse would make sense from my perspective ( and likely your perspective too ).  The company i used to work for is now out of business, so......

Edited by noupf

15 hours ago, stick9 said:

Makes perfect sense to me but I shop at Costco and they seem to be doing fine.  

If it were not for the fact the hockey skates will soon cost 1000's I would feel sorry for CCM.  

I was looking at treating myself to custom skates since my next pair will probably be my last.  And the guarantee would have gone a long way to trying CCM's.  Now I'm looking at Tru's vs the FT6 coming out..

6 hours ago, Beflar said:

If it were not for the fact the hockey skates will soon cost 1000's I would feel sorry for CCM.  

I was looking at treating myself to custom skates since my next pair will probably be my last.  And the guarantee would have gone a long way to trying CCM's.  Now I'm looking at Tru's vs the FT6 coming out..

Not sure what Costco has to do with this, but it should be noted that you pay to shop at Costco. I am pretty sure you aren't buying custom made items from them.

The question here is, why would you go custom to "try" them??? Going retail where you have the guarantee makes way more sense. You can always return them, then go custom.

BTW, True isn't going to do what you expect CCM to do. Yes, they will remake them if they are off, but you can't just walk away and get your money back.

Edited by stick9

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

Not sure what Costco has to do with this, but it should be noted that you pay to shop at Costco. I am pretty sure you aren't buying custom made items from them.

The question here is, why would you go custom to "try" them??? Going retail where you have the guarantee makes way more sense. You can always return them, then go custom.

BTW, True isn't going to do what you expect CCM to do. Yes, they will remake them if they are off, but you can't just walk away and get your money back.

The only point I was trying to make is that for the price they are charging they should offer some sort of guarantee.  If it is just remaking the same boot but changing a few things than that seems perfectly fine.

I had no idea what that True offered to remake a boot if something was wrong, for me that goes a long way to getting my money.  The thought of being stuck with skates that cost that much..

I always try and but big ticket items(tv, wedding rings) at Costco over going to other stores because I know they have a great return policy.  For that they litterially received over a hundred thousand dollars from me over the years.(15 year etc)

Bottom line custom skates are to expensive to not have some sort of guarantee.

23 hours ago, Beflar said:

Pure Hockey, similar to the retail giant Costco, offers a liberal 30-day return policy, which allows customers to purchase, utilize, and return items without hassle. This is due to their advantageous purchasing strategy, whereby they acquire bulk orders and consequently obtain substantial rebates from manufacturers, mitigating the financial impact of customer returns. This policy, however, results in manufacturers suffering financial losses that are subsequently passed on to stores in the next fiscal year.

Contrarily, small-scale stores, which account for the majority of retailers, do not receive significant rebates from manufacturers and operate on smaller margins. As a former store owner with sales exceeding 1.5 million USD, I can attest to the limited significance of such stores to major manufacturers like Bauer. Thus, when smaller stores sell high-cost items that are later returned, they incur significant financial losses that impact their bottom line.

Additionally, the process of navigating the 90-day guarantee policy is arduous, prompting many stores to sell returned items locally at cost rather than returning them to the manufacturer, further exacerbating the financial impact. 

Also, many stores will set a minimum inventory value, so when the inventory count dips below the specified value, an order is placed for replenishment. If you sell items, and that item is later returned, this can cause a store to have excess inventory, which also is a financial burden. 

Like I said, I am providing the perspective of a store owner and not a consumer. That being said, I love Costco and I will use their return policy when applicable if I am not satisfied with a purchase, especially if it's a high dollar item. 😉 

Don't forget the 50 pack of Charmin.

My point from the start. Custom skates are made to your specs and foot. If made correctly why would you be unhappy. In the off chance you are, they're your specs so it's not the companies fault.

It's like a salad bar. Don't get pissed at the restaurant if you don't like the salad YOU made.

• Like 1

The hockey community complains when they go to big box hockey stores and the employees are no help and no one has any equipment knowledge and can’t fit skates. 

The hockey community complains when small knowledgeable shops don’t have the return policies and discount buying power of Costco.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, start_today said:

The hockey community complains when they go to big box hockey stores and the employees are no help and no one has any equipment knowledge and can’t fit skates. 

The hockey community complains when small knowledgeable shops don’t have the return policies and discount buying power of Costco.  

I see a trend...