Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
chippa13

Off brand sticks

I never thought I'd move to an "order form" brand but after pulling a Total One NXG PM9 out of the basement  went searching for the pattern. I landed on and pulled the trigger on a couple Shift 23 sticks in the SM9 pattern. After a few skates, the sticks are surprisingly decent. I wasn't expecting much getting 2 for $309 but they perform well enough. The feel in the hands reminds me of a lighter Vapor XX.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:53 PM, chippa13 said:

I never thought I'd move to an "order form" brand but after pulling a Total One NXG PM9 out of the basement  went searching for the pattern. I landed on and pulled the trigger on a couple Shift 23 sticks in the SM9 pattern. After a few skates, the sticks are surprisingly decent. I wasn't expecting much getting 2 for $309 but they perform well enough. The feel in the hands reminds me of a lighter Vapor XX.

Who the heck is using a PM9 pattern anymore? 😛 

On 3/27/2023 at 8:47 PM, VegasHockey said:

People with good hands 😁

Chippa - any reason you went with Shift instead of Gepetto/prostockhockeysticks?

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:53 PM, chippa13 said:

Welcome back bud!!!

I ordered a prostockhockey from Gepetto...    hasn't com yet.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:47 PM, VegasHockey said:

There’s a guy on my team using it that has a rocket and I just can’t understand it. I tried it and couldn’t shoot to save my life. Definitely a fringe curve 

It's all about trends.  How long before the P88 gets phased out because of the rising popularity of the P28 and P90TM?  I was a Drury user for decades and was in disbelief when well over 5-years ago I was told to transition to a new curve because heel curves were going away.

• Like 2

Totally.  Was using a P88 for the last 5+ years.  6 months ago tried a P90TM and with a minimal adjustment period, haven't looked back.  I am seeing them less and less it seems.  Pretty soon everything retail will be either a P92 or P28 clone or variation.    

9 hours ago, start_today said:

Someone write a sci-fi short story about a future dystopian hellscape of only lowkick sticks with toe curves and and super pingy blades. 

Just walk into any Pure Hockey store.

I'm kidding of course. It does make me sad thinking how good we had it (in comparison to now) just a few years back though.

Retailers are partly to blame for there being less curve options available today.  Retailers want fewer sku's for inventory management.  

• Like 1

Inventory costs money.  If they could figure out a model where all the regular curves were physically in stock but you could still get non-mainstream curves without custom prices, that would be a solution.

• Like 1

yeah if someone had the resources or funds *cough cough, Gepetto* we could get the two piece game back in style with even more molds 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Welcome back bud!!!

I ordered a prostockhockey from Gepetto...    hasn't com yet.

DId the stick come yet?  I would contact Gepetto on Instagram

On 5/24/2023 at 12:07 PM, iceman8310 said:

I know they had major delays late last year into this year due to the holidays, volume of orders, planned closure due to Chinese New Year and unplanned closure due to COVID regulations.  Depending on where you were at in queue, those could still be in play.  Not sure.  

On 5/24/2023 at 12:07 PM, iceman8310 said:

YES!!!  Got the stick last week and I am very happy with it overall. The stick is supposed to be a P46 clone but the rocker is a but different. Nothing terrible though and I pretty comfortable.  It has pretty good pop.  Not really best in class but it's sold.  Blade feel is really good.  No complaints there.  You can certainly see the fuse point but the quality is good.  Overall it's a great choice and a really solid value if you can be patient.  Especially since my curve isn't available anymore.

• Like 1